Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT Ever Happened To The Tranny????

Hey CARL,

Its been about a year or so sense a lot of us donated a little money for a new tranny. What ever happened with that?? I haven't read on here in a while so maybe I missed your promised updates. So what ever did happen?

Gunny
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to slide in broadside, worn out and throughly used up shouting "WOW" what a ride.

First off.... WOW Gunny lives!!!!! What rock have you been hiding under??

Back on topic, havent seen Mike C around either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny View Post
      Hey CARL,

Its been about a year or so sense a lot of us donated a little money for a new tranny. What ever happened with that?? I haven't read on here in a while so maybe I missed your promised updates. So what ever did happen?

Gunny
      http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2096

Home from Iraq..

Welcome back Gunny..

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Mike came home from Iraq tired and weathered and found a new tranny in his rig with some other goodies that we all bought. We were also able to set his wife up with some "honey-doos" as well. Read through the post that Aaron linked too. We had a great BBQ and a nice time with Mike when he got home. CT
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Welcome back Gunny!
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Funny, I was thinking about ya Gunny yesterday while in traffic, welcome back, hope all is well
            Rick-
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Gunny,

Good to hear from you. I was just wondering what you'd been up to. Hope all has been well.

Galen
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Yea Gunny, you owe us an update....last we heard you had a new Corvette and an new super mongo F650 or sumtin like that to distract you..
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Seems like everybody was wondering about Gunny... Myself included, and recently. How many miles have you put on that 'vette?
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Well Thanks for asking guys. me I have been damn busy. Bought a new home with some land in Alabama and have ben spending quite a bit of time there trying to get everything in order, actually splitting my time there with some time in Sunnyvale with Joanne.

Interesting the differences between the two ( California and Alabama). The folks are the real big change, people here in Alabama actually talk to each other. One of my nieghbhors in Sunnyvale to this day has never even said hello, and thats after 10 years in that house. People here in Alabama, well its a little different. All of the neighbor women cook for me, and damn but can they cook. Alabama is just more of a real place as far as the people are concerned i would guess.

When I'm not in Alabama or Sunnyvale I have been doing a lot of consulating for the Marine Corps down in Pendleton, guess Col. Seaton want me to earn my retirement money.

I've still got the Vette haven't really put very many miles on it though, it's down in San Diego so that I have something to drive when i'm down there. The F-650 Monster truck---- Man O Man was that a truck. That almost 9 liter Cat was a powerhouse and you know that big ole truck got pretty good milage as well. Trouble was it was so different and out there every body wanted the damn thing, after it was stolen and returned --- and FIXED ---- the second time i figured I would just pass it along. Traded that big old thing for the last Dodge RAM SRT-10 delivered to California, and almost exactly the same money I paid as boot. Glad to get that V10 Dodge and also damn glad to see that F-650 go down the road. I have seen that f-650 a couple of times around town, hard to miss really.

My Bronco is over in Alabama, not a lot of broncos there but there are some. very neat 69 is setting on a lot here in Albertville the asking price is $12,000 and if this Bronco was in California it would easlly bring $20,000 I would think. Mine draws a crowd every time I take it out, did you folks know you can actually get tired of answering the same question 14 times? However the winters there are not really fitting for that Bronco, that bikini top doesn't stop much of that 12 degree air, and that was the temp last week when i left.

i do try and read the board from time to time and keep up with everyone/. Once again thanks for asking!!

Gunny
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to slide in broadside, worn out and throughly used up shouting "WOW" what a ride.

Comment

Welcome back Gunny! And thanks for continuing to do your part in keeping our men and women well trained and thus safer while serving!
                      72 Sport

Comment

Welcome back Gunny,
                        Good to hear all is going well. How's the mileage on that SRT10??
                        69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Oh the milage is just great on the Viper truck. With a real good tailwind and going down a pretty steep down grade its all the way up to 7 or 8 MPG on the good days. But it does it real quick and with style.

When you get to be my age image is everything!!

Gunny

Comment

Hey Gunny,
                            Nice yo hear your good to go. Did you ever put the trailer hitch on that was made for you? Next time your in Pendleton look for 1st Lt. Krissoff. His father just joined the Navy (Lt. Cmdr William Krissoff) and is a spectacular leg surgeon. Perhaps he can take a look at you and see if he can make things a little better. Also while your down at Pendleton, look up First Sgt Don Hamblen of Oceanside (remeber the book "One tough Marine), he's a great guy. Semper Fi , CK
                            Last edited by Cowboy Ken; 03-13-2008, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Hey Gunny, good to see you back and hear that all is well. Thanks again for your service to our troops.

FM <><
                              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Working...
                              X