Hi everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

Just wanted to make my first post an introduction of sorts.

My name is Paul and I used to own a '77 Bronco Ranger about 15 years ago. Unfortunately, I ended up selling it because I couldn't get it smogged. I was young, single, making good money and didn't much think about selling my rig. I had my sights on a brand new '93 SVT Mustang Cobra and the Bronco got sold cheap.

Since then, I got married, sold the Cobra to buy a house, had kids, bought another house and began missing my old Cobra. I looked at the new GT500's, but the $$$ was way more than I could justify with a wife and kids. Then I thought, how cool would it be to find an old Bronco and fix it up/ work on it with my two young boys as they grow up. Take them wheeling on trails, go to shows, etc. So last year I began looking for the perfect Bronco for me. I tossed the idea of getting another '77, but the CA smog issue turned me off to it. So I decided that I would find a '75, the last year of CA smog requirement/ least amount of Bronco's made in '75 and my search began.

I searched diligently every day; ebay, classicbroncos.com, jeffs bronco graveyard, craigslist, trade express magazines, etc. I searched for six months before finding the Bronco I have bought. I must add that during my search I met Doug (904Bronco) who not only gave me his valueable opinions, but he invited me to come join the NorCalBroncos site. I joined this site as Znavgtr before I bought my Bronco and search your classifieds regularly.

Sorry to make this so long.

My only quandry is this (silly)...I live in Nipomo, which is between Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo. Technically I live in Central Ca., not Socal and not Norcal. So anyway, I like this site much better than the Socal one. Oh, and I am 15 mintutes away from the Oceano (Pismo) Dunes, so if you guys ever come down this way, you have to let me know.

My Bronco: 1975 Bronco Ranger (uncut), 302/ C4, with factory power steering. I ended up buying it from the original owner up in Albany, OR. It is clean, no rust, and all original except for the wheels and radio. It was originally all white (so no Ranger stripes), but the PO had the exterior painted Bahama Blue from the beltline down and the very top of the hard top. So now it's white and blue. The inside is original down to the blue Ranger houndstooth in the seats and rear quarter panels and original carpet (faded a bit). I pulled the carpet up to check the floors and no rust at all...amazing.

I plan on a 3 1/2" suspension lift, old slot mags with bigger tires, family cage, carpet kit, power/ disk brakes, and engine and tranny rebuild. Of course theres the little stuff like weather stripping, cleaning up the surface rust under the battery, etc.

If you hear about any slots for sale, let me know, i'm in the market. I need 15x8 or 15x8.5" with the 3.5 to 4" backspace. Looking for some real nice ones.

I want to make a weekend trip to Wild Horses soon for some goodies.
    Paul

Welcome, not only to the site but back to the world of Bronco. They say recovery is a long road.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Welcome to the group. Sounds like you have one hell of a nice rig. Pics are always appreciated.

Check out classicbroncos.com for your rims, I think there is a set for sale there now.

Jeff
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Welcome... sounds like we've got another enthusiast!
        There are a number of us who've lived on the Central Coast while attending Cal Poly, so we won't hold your So.Cal location against you - I sure miss being close to Pismo.

As Jeff said - we like pictures here!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

dont you guys know how to get someone to post pics?

hahahahahaha

Anyways.. well sounds like a cool rig you got there. The Oceano Dudes are TONS of fun to play in. there is an annual trip there durring the summer.
          well welcome to the group.
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

slot mags aye

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/606060534.html

here you go $550 for a set, 15x8.5 and not incredibly far from you
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Hey, we just may be in Pismo the weekend of April 4th. We're planning on taking the Bronco and a quad for a little sand fun.

Comment

Welcome Uncut75 lot of good people here. And as said we do like pic but we usually wait till your 5th post be for we bring out the sign. But 71Bronco71 is just impatient to day. But he is a good guy too.

Brian
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                  slot mags aye

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/606060534.html

< here you go $550 for a set, 15x8.5 and not incredibly far from you
                  TRAILBOUND, Yeah, I've actually been in contact with Andrew (BajaBronco) through ClassicBroncos.com about those slots before he put them on Craigslist. They are good except for one has a curb rash too big (about an inch) for my taste.

Brats71, let me know for sure on Pismo and I could meet you out there. My stocker uncut is not fit for wheeling yet, but I could drive on the flats. I have a Yamaha YFZ450 that I ride, but haven't for the past few months due to me recovering from surgery of a torn Achilles tendon. I'm in a boot with crutches right now, hoping to lose those f'n crutches next week.

Thanks for the welcome and as far as pics... soon I promise.
                  Just the copays on the doctor visits and everytime I go to physical therapy (3x/week) is killing me. I hate insurance. Blue Shield tried to pass on the anesthesiologist bill saying they did not have a contract with them, well anyway...ranting. When I have $20 to donate i will and then post pics.
                  And I really havent had time to get nice pics of it since I've only owned it since Nov. The pics I did take at the local park got deleted from my computer somehow (wife + costco pic downloading) so I have to go take new ones.
                  Paul

Comment

Welcome Paul. We really need you to post some pictures though, it is the unwritten manditory rule of this site, as you can see by the above posts...

Doug
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by Uncut75 View Post
                      When I have $20 to donate i will and then post pics.
                      You don't need to donate anything to post pics here. No excuses... get to posting!
                      Vacaville, Ca
                      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Okay, tried posting pics in the tread for a half hour with no luck. I got jpeg's within the alotted max size. I think the website server is slow or something.
                        Will try again tomorrow evening.
                        Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X