New soft top options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New soft top options

It appears there will be several new soft top options becoming available this year. Chuck from BCB is finalizing his new top and it sounds like he may start filling orders from his waiting list in a matter of weeks. JBG has started producing there own competitvely priced Fast -Trac that appears to be a close copy of the STC fast-trac top that is announced to be available May 31 (in a couple weeks). Bestop is talking about possibly creating a sail cloth version of there current tops. Rampage Products who curently sells many Jeep tops and products is working on developing a top, still no announced release dates or pictures but they say they are in the final stages of development. Rampage has announced that they are working on some bumpers and seats for early broncos too. There is also rumors that Viking-Offroad may be producing a soft top for the bronco. I am definitely looking forward to some new options and some possibly new and improved tops from some reputable sources.
    Last edited by highlander; 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Now if somebody would just come out with a full-length bikini top made to fit the Crab cage, like what folks used to get from broncocovers.com... The sailcloth material is much nicer then vinyl/naugahyde.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Myself I am leaning to Chucks as I never have heard a bad thing said about BC Broncos. Not to mention his Softtop looks the best so far and the material and colors will match my white soft doors.
      Last edited by PhantomEB; 05-19-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Check with Dusty, he has some insight on whats cominig up
        Rick-
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
          Now if somebody would just come out with a full-length bikini top made to fit the Crab cage, like what folks used to get from broncocovers.com... The sailcloth material is much nicer then vinyl/naugahyde.
          Have you checked with some boat shops? Most Boat shops have a shop that makes Bimini Tops for boats.. couldnt imagine it being anything over $200 MAX. they could make a bracket. I was going to go down that path one time. You could even make one that fits just the cage and snaps on and off
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

My only insight is pretty much what Highlander already stated. I do need to talk to the guys over at Viking in the next couple of days to place a winch rope order so I'll see what I can pry out of them about their top.

Dusty

Comment

I wonder if anyone will sell the stc as just the top with no hardwear...........
              73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

I think that is what Rampage is looking to do.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I spoke with Thor on Friday and got a few tidbits on the Viking top. First of all, it probably won't be on the market until sometime near the end of this year. They are having it manufactured overseas and that hinders the R&D process time-wise (the fact that it will be manufactured overseas may be a negative for some folks too). The good news is that it will be made out of sail cloth, which seems to be what folks want.

Dusty

Comment

Good info Dusty,
                    not sure how much "made in China" is an issue anymore.
                    ideally not the best situation but that is up to Thor.
                    thanks for the update
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                    X