Pics; Rubicon july 4th 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics; Rubicon july 4th 08

Despite all nay saying I got from people once announced I’d try to run with this POS $400 rig you see that I got as is; we made it through. Ran almost the entire con with stock 84 b2 axles and drive train on 35’s, geared low with an auburn lsd in the rear. Made it from Loon Lake to Buck Island and back to loon, only carnage experienced was a flat tire. Luckily we made friends in the beginning of the trail, who convinced us to go to buck island with them, they towed us up a total of 3 hills throughout the entire weekend.

Bought this thing as a joint venture with a buddy $200 each and we made it through the con without a single break, I’m pretty stoked. People were breaking all weekend, it made for an interesting challenge trying to get around these guys going through the con for the first time.

Flexed up coming out of gatekeeper

Shot with DSC-T1 at 2008-07-08

I’m really impressed with what these ttb’s can straddle, great ground clearance. We're keeping them but stepping up to exploder axles front and rear.

A lot of friendly folks on the Rubicon no doubt.

Campsite at buck

And again

Coming into Buck Island

Jeepers taking the wrong line in the box

The two characters I came with enjoying the entertainment in the box

Zuki stepped right up the soup bowl

A member of the group we followed through the con
    Blew a burfield joint trying to make it up the bowl

We didn’t get any pics of the gnarly stuff we went through seeing as it was the first time either of us had driven through the con, distracting us from anything other than getting through it all.

Thanks for the pics!! It will be my first time through the con also little nervous... hope someone will take pics for me..

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Looks good. Still haven't made it up there this year yet. The pics make me a little more anxious.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks great can not wait, What time are you comming in Marc?
        1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyatBBY View Post
          Looks great can not wait, What time are you comming in Marc?
          Looks like Friday afternoon. Wheel in and out Sat. (probably to the box and back) and head home Sat. night.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Sounds like a great run!
            Is it just me or does little sluice look a little less gnarly than it did 10 years ago? Maybe its just the angle from where that pic was taken...

Thanks for sharing!
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
              Sounds like a great run!
              Is it just me or does little sluice look a little less gnarly than it did 10 years ago? Maybe its just the angle from where that pic was taken...

Thanks for sharing!
              10 years ago, the standard was Dana 44's and 33/35" tires..

A
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

4 years ago I made it through with 33's with minimal damage. I figured whatever got bent needed to be cut off
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I thought the rock in the middle of it was about the size of a volkswagon. Looks a little smaller now. Someone playin with bang sticks?
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                  X