Looking to bend 1" tube.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to bend 1" tube.

Like the title. Can anyone here bend 1" tube (Square or round) into a 90 degree radius? I need to throw together a roof rack and need some sweeps bent. Let me know please!
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

are you looking for mandrel or does it matter? Its not exactly convenient for you, but Pleasanton Steel (located in Livermore) can bend just about anything.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I am ok with P town. Only about 1 hour. All I need is essentially 8ea. 90's and I can do the rest. I would really like to find a used Con-Fer rack but I am having an issue finding one local.

Thanks for the lead.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Carl, Chip can bend 1" sq. tubing.. Call him at the shop in stockton 931-4797... Pops
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I have always wanted to build one myself.... let me know what you find.. Is 16 cheaper??

Aaron
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I see a con-ferr knockoff build thread in the works...
            Funny because I have been thinking about building one for my EB sometime after it runs. I'd like to be able to run a back seat and still carry a reasonable amount of gear.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

I have 1" round dies for my M-Tech bender (same as JD2).
              Since adding my backseats I have been tossing around ideas for a roof rack as well. Are you going to mount off the cage or on top of a hard top? I would like to have one that could be used for both.
              Last edited by highlander; 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM.
              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I would like to get one made by the Rubicon trip and I would even ratchet strap it on the cage if I had too because time is so short. I would like to mount it to the harp top as well. Want to get together and build a couple of these??

Comment

What wall thickness tube are you thinking .065" sound sufficient? And what dimensions for the rack?
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I was thinking the rack would fit well at 4' x 5' and 6 inches high. For the tubing, I think that would still be strong and light too. If it feels too thin, maybe .095 wall. What rack size were you thinking (not 34D either)

Comment

I helped my friend do his, he ended up buying the Harbor freight tube kinker.
                      It was 100$ and did a great job.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I've thought about building one of these for a long time too. Let's get together and whip some out!

Let me know if you need the tube. I've got a good connection at Valley Iron.

Comment

Delta, I have a 1" die also for my JD2 M4. If you still need them let me know, I may even have some rem 1" laying around I could bend you the corners out of, you would have to weld in you long sides.

If you decide not to build on you may call these guys, http://www.kargomaster.com/item.asp?id=62
                          its a decent little basket for the price.

Justin
                          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

I have seen the Kargo Master. I used to sell the truck racks. Pretty good quality for a bolt together kit.

I would like to get a few of these built. I am a little late though. I have my 20 year HS reunion this weekend. So if we build these, it would need to be after you guys get off of work. Sonic, where do you live??

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                              I have seen the Kargo Master. I used to sell the truck racks. Pretty good quality for a bolt together kit.

I would like to get a few of these built. I am a little late though. I have my 20 year HS reunion this weekend. So if we build these, it would need to be after you guys get off of work. Sonic, where do you live??
                              He lives in Citrus Heights/SAC.. No time to build one before the trip.. But I have wanted to build one also..

A
                              Last edited by Daddy4zack; 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM.
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X