Dash design opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash design opinions

Give me some of your opinions on this design for my dash.
    Anything you would change? Why?
    I really want to get this right the first time. I can't find anything to get in the way behind the dash but I'm not even sure I have everything back there that is supposed to be there.

I'm still in need of more options on where/how to install the fuse box too. I won't have a glove box. Any ideas/

thanks,
    Jeff
    Attached Files
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Looks pretty nice to me...
    Those are the same AC vents I had in my 2006 Mustang. I also see what looks to be the same switch bank that I have on my dash. Great minds think alike.

As for fuse box mounting... if you've got the room, somebody on this board mounted theirs under the column behind the trim bezel. I really like that mount. Mine unfortunately is in a really inconvenient location but I could not find anywhere better to put it. Mine's above the gas pedal where my stock one was, approximately anyway. It works but I know I'll cus it the day I have to change a fuse on the trail at 1:00am...
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I like the way it looks......but I think the four smaller guages to the left of the steering column are going to be hard to see when you are driving. You're going to have to look through or around the steering wheel to see them. Especially the two closest to the steering column. Just something to think about. Something else to think about is being able to reach the rocker switches with a four point harness on. (if you are going to be running shoulder harnesses that is) Just some food for thought.

Comment

I agree with crawlin68 you should put your more important gauges on the outside. Other than that it looks good. Make sure you post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          I like the way it looks......but I think the four smaller guages to the left of the steering column are going to be hard to see when you are driving. You're going to have to look through or around the steering wheel to see them. Especially the two closest to the steering column. Just something to think about. Something else to think about is being able to reach the rocker switches with a four point harness on. (if you are going to be running shoulder harnesses that is) Just some food for thought.
          Good thinkin! I love this group and their collective knowledge. I am going to be using harnesses and don't think I could reach them there. Back to the drawing board.

Jeff
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Re: Dash design opinions

where did you get the heater vents on this dash?

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
              where did you get the heater vents on this dash?
              Those are paper.
              Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 04-13-2012, 09:35 AM.
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Is that another vent all the way over to the right? X3 on the Important gauges being more visable...maybe more in the middle of the dash...that way if you have an "aware" co-pilot they can help observe the gauges.
                70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                  Those are paper.
                  so there, noticeable only when you click on the pics.

Anyway, does anyone know where to get some like that?

Comment

remember the defrost vent tubes. One of my guages is too close and I had to squish the tube a bit to get it to fit ok. I am also interested in how you plan on running the dash vents.
                    Attached Files
                    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Don't have the picture anymore but there was a dash on the "other" bronco site several years ago where the guy ran a full length stainless piano style hinge the full length of the dash. This way you could fold the entire dash down if needed to access everythign behind it rather than trying the contortionist movements needed when installing / repairing. Just a thought...

Looks great otherwise but agree with not wanting to look through the steering wheel for the important guages.
                      1969 Sport, 302 V8, 3 spd on the floor, Red, Power Steering, 2" lift, 33" tires

Comment

guys, this thread is 4 years old, Im just asking about the dash vents

Comment

Oh............... didn't catch that..............
                          1969 Sport, 302 V8, 3 spd on the floor, Red, Power Steering, 2" lift, 33" tires

Comment

try http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/ac/dash-vents-77.php
                            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I did find them, thanks. Aside from them, and a 3" diam kit from Summit, I am not finding squat. Even started looking for RV stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X