Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my rear bumper/tire rackfinished (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my rear bumper/tire rackfinished (pics)

Took it on the Dusy, no rattle or squeaks!
    1966 U13
    393W, C4, 4 Wheel Disc brakes, Power Steering, Hydroboost, 5.5" Suspension, 2" body, BFG 35x12.5's, Big Bearing 9" Detroit soft locker, Yukon 31 Spline Axles, HP D44 Aussie locker.

Very nice man...
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I like that... I just might have to use some of those ideas... I want to make some kind of removable rack..

Nice work!!!

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Thanks guys, I had it drawn up for probably a year, finally got it done lol. Solid as can be, help up to the Dusy great, no squeaks or rattles.
        1966 U13
        393W, C4, 4 Wheel Disc brakes, Power Steering, Hydroboost, 5.5" Suspension, 2" body, BFG 35x12.5's, Big Bearing 9" Detroit soft locker, Yukon 31 Spline Axles, HP D44 Aussie locker.

Comment

looks good but I have 1 ? what are you using for a hing?
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Looks like you used a spindle of some sort for the pivot, no? I've got two heavy duty spindles sitting on the shelf in the garage earmarked for just such a project one day... Should I not splurge for a protofab rear bumper to match my front, I may be copying some of your design too, one day.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
              looks good but I have 1 ? what are you using for a hing?
              This is what I used

http://polyperformance.com/shop/Tire...a.-p-2305.html
              1966 U13

Comment

That has to be the best looking BFG spare tire I have ever seen! Glad you finally got to hang it on something

Sonic
                1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
                  That has to be the best looking BFG spare tire I have ever seen! Glad you finally got to hang it on something

Sonic
                  Lol thanks man!
                  1966 U13

Comment

nice jeep!

Comment

Working...
                    X