shootin 22s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shootin 22s

Haven't been able to get out and do much lately but I did get a chance to take my wife and 10 year old daughter shootin the other day. Shooting at 50 yards with a couple .22 rifles. It was my daughters first time. I think she is a natural.

Here is a pic of her FIRST target. Top right and bottom left group are 20 rounds. Center group is a little over 30. I can't wait to see how good she gets after some practice.

The proud Dad,
    Jeff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by seahawkfan; 09-19-2008, 01:46 PM.
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Damn nice shot!!.. I was just thinking of taking my son out shooting... I just picked up a Remington 597.. .22 win mag..

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

That is Cool My son is not the out door type. But he came home on Tue asked if we could go shooting Sun I said shure 22 and up
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

When I went with my buddy to Big 5 to pick up a deer tag application, I told him if the Ruger 10/22 was on sale I would be buying one. (Always wanted one, just never got around to it) Lucky day, they were on sale. Bought the stainless one. Got back to the house and the wife was asking "What took so long?" (We left during a party). Told her the line was long. Can't tell her I was out buying guns and filling out paperwork, can I? When she found the paperwork later (I didn't try to hide it) I told her I bought it for the boys. Thats a lie, I bought it for myself and might share it!
        77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

That is cool Jeff!
          I wish I got into shooting at that age... My parents are not gun people.

I recently bought a Ruger 10-22 and I love that gun. Accurate, reliable, cheap to buy, and cheap to shoot! What more could you want in a plinker! Its really easy to be a good shot with it even with open sights. I have been thinking about a scope though...
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I recently took my daughter out to the range also. She loves this little semi auto .22. It's also fun to use the pellot shot cart. and shoot the occasional mouse too.
            Attached Files
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Guns!

Cool!
              73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Looks like a Browning? If it is I really liked that one when I had it too. Nice for backpacking and shooting dinner.
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

The ticket is shooting "DUM DUM" suckers at 50yrds, they explode, with the 10/22 bull barrel and scope of course
                  Brad
                  Chico, Ca.

Comment

I have to confess, I have never owned a gun but would like to, seems like one of these might be a good starting point, any suggestion on what to buy, and how much it should be?

Plus if anyone knows of a good class on shooting in the south bay near MorganHill that they can suggest that would be cool too.

Jim

Comment

I've been shooting too.... so far I've had to shoot two intruders........
                      Maybe I'd better explain, the first was a fat opossom that was trying to get into the shop to..... uh... I'm assuming make a nest and not steal the bronco Then last night I managed to get the skunk thats been terrorizing my cats and spraying my dog for the last couple of weeks. So if you need something off 'ed..................
                      73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

22 auto

i have a marlin 22 auto, Haven't shot it in awhile but it is so fun to shoot! Also cheap. Been shooting shotguns and pistols. Need to break out the Marlin
                        Jack
                        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Very cool!
                          I grew not being aloud to have guns but have them now and have wanted to get my children involved. I think they are still a little young at 5 and 7 but when I open the safe I dont hide anything from them. If they ask about them, I show them and explain to them what the guns are and what they can do. They do sit on my lap and shoot the airsoft and paint ball and pellet gun for a basic understanding, cant wait to get them behind the .22 though

Justin
                          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange73 View Post
                            I have to confess, I have never owned a gun but would like to, seems like one of these might be a good starting point, any suggestion on what to buy, and how much it should be?

Plus if anyone knows of a good class on shooting in the south bay near MorganHill that they can suggest that would be cool too.

Jim
                            I don't know of any areas or ranges to visit in your area but you could probably look them up in the phone book. If you ever got up to my area I could teach you. Some ranges (we have one here) will have guns you can shoot while there to see if you like them. I t can get expensive but is sometimes worth it.

Everybody has their own preferences on what to start with but I would recommend a Ruger 10/22. You can get them for a great price when they go on sale and if you decide you really like it you can modify them with all the aftermarket items that are available. I bought a stock and carbon fiber target barrel for mine and am very happy with the accuracy I get out of it. So is my kid. She can't wait to go again. You can find a cheap .22 for under $100 these days but you get what you pay for.
                            Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
                              Very cool!
                              I grew not being aloud to have guns but have them now and have wanted to get my children involved. I think they are still a little young at 5 and 7 but when I open the safe I dont hide anything from them. If they ask about them, I show them and explain to them what the guns are and what they can do. They do sit on my lap and shoot the airsoft and paint ball and pellet gun for a basic understanding, cant wait to get them behind the .22 though

Justin
                              Airsoft is an excellent starting point....My son started with those about 8-9 and by 10 he was big enough for a Ruger 10/22. Most of the Ruger and Marlin 22's are available with a "youth" stock.

The Fish and Game website has online Hunter's Safety courses and materials that are geared to younger shooters.
                              Brad
                              Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
                              X