Sweet!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet!!!!

Finally got my Bronco to drive under it's own power, no pushing needed! I spent all day yesterday replacing all the brake lines and hoses. Today I bled the entire system, primed the power steering and hydroboost. Started it up still on the jack stands, and turned the wheel back and forth with the engine running to get all the bubbles out. The Saginaw pump made a lot of noise until all the bubbles were gone. But aside from that, I didn't have any problems at all with the hydroboost. I have heard so many people post issues with their hydroboost systems, I was kind of expecting some trouble. It is a little gutless with the 37" tires and stock gears. I even tried to wear the fuzzies off of my MT/R's, it will do a burnout but those fuzzies just don't want to leave! But the good news, the Bronco drives really smooth with the shackle flip and 3.5" WH coils even without any shocks.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

SWEET Felling after a long build Good Job enjoy

Brian
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Very cool! Now it's time for some pics!!!!!!

Comment

CONGRATS! Let's ee some pics for proof!
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Nice! That first drive is a blast ins't it!
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I will take some pics this weekend. I can't find the cord for my digital camera, so the cell phone will have to do.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Quite a milestone! Good work, let's see pics!
              70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

To paraphrase, SWEET!
                Rick-
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Good news. When am I going to see it outside of your work?
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Okay, my cousin and his infinite auto tech knowledge did a little tuning work on the EFI today and got my engine running awesome. I tied up a couple loose ends, fired her up and terrorized my neighbors.....in the rain! Yeah, I know that it is a few different colors still, I need to do some body work and paint, I also need to paint some suspension stuff, and finish the wiring for my Taurus fan. What you are looking at are a few pics that I took today. The engine is the original long block with 25,000 miles on it, World Product Windsor Jr. Cylinder heads, Lunati Voodoo flat tappet cam, 1986 Mercury intake, 1991 Mustang Gt ECM and Mass air meter, BBK Mustang shorties, 2-1 pipe with 3" Magnaflow muffler. 3.5" WH coils up front, shackle flip in the rear with reproduction stock leaf springs. 1979 Bronco axles, with chevy disk swap, and DOM tie rod/drag links, Astro van Hydroboost and homemade radius arms. The gears are stock open diff, I think 3.54:1? But the engine provides plenty of power to get up and go. Of course the Bronco is a little light right now too, it will probably gain another 500 lbs, when done. But at least it is driving now.

Last edited by Efibroncoman; 12-14-2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Looks good man. Keep up the good work.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Thats great!! almost there!!!

Aaron
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Looks good!

Getting all things mechanical buttoned up before paint is a good way to go. Unlike the path I took - where I started with the mechanics, put it all on hold for body and paint, then came back to mechanical work but now trying to be extremely careful not to mess up my paint... All for a rig I'm going to take out on the rocks!

Terrorizing the neighbors with a loud rig thats not all together is fun. Too much fun actually. The neighborhood kids around here sure seem to approve of my laps around the block.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Marc- I still have to build a rollcage, get some seats and finish my body work. I'd say I will probably be driving it by the end of February......(knock on wood). Of course my main goal is to be wheeling by the time the snow melts!

Yeah, I had a couple neighbors that have been watching the progress through my garage door that came outside and watched as I was driving around, spinning tires, and revving my engine up! They just smiled. I have never gotten any complaints from my neighbors, even when I broke in my cam with open manifolds in the driveway!
                            Last edited by Efibroncoman; 12-15-2008, 09:04 AM.

Comment

What are you talking about, that thing is beautiful!!!!

And nothing like that first trip around the block. When I finally drove mine for the first time, I had no seats, no windshield, no shocks and my Brother in the passenger seat spot with my rear flash light aiming backwards for brake lights. hahahaha
                              1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Working...
                              X