Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish Member, New Bronco

Hey, guys -

I joined the site not long ago. I'm also over on classicbroncos.com.

Anyway, I just bought my first rig. Pretty damn excited about it.

1974 Bronco

- 200 cid inline 6, 3 on the tree
    - Manual steering, manual brakes, discs on the front
    - D44 and 9" rear, both with 4.11 gears
    - Just under 58,000 original miles (!)
    - All gauges (including fuel) work; all lights work
    - 3.5" suspension lift, 31" tires on F150 wheels
    - Arizona truck almost its whole life, little or no rust issues (PO had addressed two small rust issues on body, which was then painted and the bed rhino lined)
    - Brand new, custom, reupholstered original seats and matching door panels (with extra fabric for rear panels if I want to make them). These are really slick.
    - Considering the new parts, paint job, interior work, the overall shape of the Bronco, and its low original mileage, I think I got an awesome price for it, too, which just makes me that much happier about buying it (like I need that!)

Bought it in Phoenix and drove back to Santa Clara over two days. The trip had some... excitement... - driving the I10 from Phoenix to LA 150 miles into my trip, the Bronco started to wobble badly and as I pulled over, the rear driver's side wheel bit it, coming off completely so that I was running on my drum. Scary shit, and caused some damage to the uncut fender (not too bad though). Everything turned out ok in the end though... (More detailed story here, if you want to read about it).

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and show you guys some pictures. I'd enjoy getting involved in some local meet-ups, work parties, events, etc. And no doubt I'll be back here asking for advice!

-Jack

And now the dramatic shots...

Home safe and sound... eventually (and full of parts and shit I picked up on the way home).

Re: Newish Member, New Bronco

Hey, nice rig. Glad you didn't wad it up when you lost the tire. Welcome aboard!
    77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Sounds like it found a good home! Nice platform!

You should have been playing Kenny Rogers on the radio...."You picked a fine to to leave me, loose wheel."

Thank God it didn't turn out any worse.
      70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

I think I commented over on CB but I'll say it again here - Nice Bronco! At least you've got a story to tell about it now... I bought my Bronco in Santa Cruz and didn't trust it enough to drive it over hwy 17 to get it home to Livermore - I can't imagine driving a strange vehicle home from another state! From all I can tell it sounds like you got a good deal and you'll enjoy that rig for years to come. They are a great hobby and lots of fun to drive.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Welcome Jack!

Nice Bronco, great story... Glad it had a happy ending

Hope we will see you at the next git-to-gether...

Doug
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

You will need a bigger garage trust me. They seem to grow.
            sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Heh. Oh, believe me, I know. See that box to the left of the Bronco? There's a Mustang hood in there that's waiting for me to get to another project, too. Hopefully I'll somehow make due - small garage sucks but not much I can do about it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Comment

Welcome Jack! and thats just what I am looking for now
                Rick-
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

nice, someday i want to own one that clean and straight!
                  WT 4x4
                  91' One Ton Bronco
                  1971 Bronco
                  9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

thats is one clean bronco!
                    {o===o}
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Very nice Bronco, I can relate on loosing the wheel.Welcome to are home
                      Brian
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                      X