• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some brake help...

are the front calipers froze up?
    75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Corey, I have a power bleeder if you want to use it. Just over the hill from u in San Leandro. Make sure to tap on the calipers to get pockets of air out. Have you verified that the bleeders are at the top of the calipers on each side? Sometimes folks inadvertently switch them.

Comment

Speed bleeders are worth the time & money.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about buying speed bleeders for all 4 corners just to make my life easier.

Kind of funny, you check and double check everything when you're working on a project, but now y'all have got me second guessing myself. Are the bleeders on the top of the calipers, are the calipers frozen up, is the system bleed correctly - looks like I have quite a few things re-check.

Tim - not sure what kind of power bleeder you have, but would definately be intersted if the offer is still open in a few weeks - going to be out of town most of the time between now and Memorial day.
          1969 Sport, 302 V8, 3 spd on the floor, Red, Power Steering, 2" lift, 33" tires

Comment

Just a side note - I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the offers to help and the suggestions. I've been making notes and checking a few things as I go - will give everyone a quick update once I've get things sorted out.

Who knew brakes could make my head spin so much....
            1969 Sport, 302 V8, 3 spd on the floor, Red, Power Steering, 2" lift, 33" tires

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Corey View Post
              Tim - not sure what kind of power bleeder you have, but would definately be intersted if the offer is still open in a few weeks - going to be out of town most of the time between now and Memorial day.
              No problem, just let me know when your ready.

Comment

Working...
              X