• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rollcage progress

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
    I prefer headroom to tops also.
    X2 But the Wife wants a new soft top Well it is 1/2 hers too
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I don't know if you have this in your plans or not, but bracing that top hoop is a must.
      What you have is "dead tubes" where a tube just runs into a another tube but does not flow out.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
        I don't know if you have this in your plans or not, but bracing that top hoop is a must.
        What you have is "dead tubes" where a tube just runs into a another tube but does not flow out.
        I was wondering about that as well. Are you talking about the parts where the diagonals tie into the hoop at the "B" cross bar?

J
        1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

I plan to run diagonal door bars, as well as diagonal bars from about shoulder height on the "B" bar down to the foot of the "C" bars. I also need to get some 1" DOM to bend for handholds/gussets for the top of the cage. I have much more planned, plus I still have about another 40ft of tube!
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Well, I used up all of the 126 Feet of 1.75" tubing. I didn't really make any mistakes. The couple accidental bends that I made, I was able to re-use for other parts of the cage. Today I went back to Marmon Keystone and got another length of 1.75"x .120" wall and I got a length of 1.25"x .120" wall for gussets. I built some short gussets for the rear of the cage and I made a windshield bar that connects the "A" pillar bars. I still plan to build some gusset/handholds connecting the "A" pillars top the front halo, but I need to get the 1.25" die set from the guy who owns the bender that I'm using. I am not sure what I want to do as far as gussets on the front side of the "B" pillar bars. The green painter's tape in the last two pics is showing what the handholds and gussets would look like. There is also a pic showing off my twin stick shifter, it's pretty ugly, but it seems to work, and I have $20 into it. What do you guys think?
            Attached Files
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Looks good man. Takes a lot of time doing all of that bending and notching, huh!?

Comment

Boy would it be nice to have a REAL tubing notcher!!! I didn't want to spend the $300+ on a good one, so I am just using a combination of a chop saw, bandsaw and my trusty Harbor Frieght 4.5" angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. After awhile you start getting good at notching tube.....not to mention all the exercise I am getting walking back and forth from the Bronco to the welding table everytime I need to grind a little more.

Comment

Your hoops for the shoulder harnesses are a little low.

Comment

Working...
                    X