Another what's it F$#@ worth thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another what's it F$#@ worth thread!

Okay, I know everyone hates these but I'm not sure where to start so at the risk of pissing everyone off I'm gonna ask it: What do you think I might get for my rig? I'm getting transferred up the road only about 60 miles but I have to go into government housing so I am losing garage space and honestly I just don't have the time to wheel and wrench as much as I'd like to.

It's the '72 EB built by SillyFab, the one in his ad at the top of the page. It's obvioisly a few years older and a little less pretty but still a great streetable trail monster. Here is a quick run down on what it's got. The big difference's now are the rear tire/hi-lift carrier added, the cage is tied into the frame, and of course all the body damage; dented fenders, rusty hood, broken windshield. I have fenders and another hood I never got around to installing, oh and a hard top and doors. The soft top is gone. I also installed chrome moly front axles and replaced the front hubs.

1972 bronco sport
    75k orig mi
    fresh 4b carb 302 putting out some damn good power
    awesome powersteering conversion
    Power brakes
    chevy 1 wire altenator conv.
    petronix ign w/ spare petronix
    single 2.5" flowmasterbator.
    24 gal tank
    steel horse super seats
    herculiner
    high pin full width 44 w/ 4.88's detroit w/ 760x's or whatever..the good sh!t
    9" f/w 4.88's detroit
    Warn Bellvue winch or some kind of upright deal...works great
    4 linked front and rear....it has ALOT more capability than you'd ever want to use w/ such a nice body
    New 39.5/13.50/15 iroks
    New black crawlers
    Add'l set of 37" MTR radials for the hwy

All work done at sillyfab®

-Locking water resistant console
    -Full cage w/ seat frames, dash bar, rocklight for a dome light (ya u heard me)

Drives nice...65 down the freeway.

Sorry for the long post, and if you're tired of this inane question, but any feedback is sure welcome.

Regards,
    rich
    '72 Bronco (road worthy trail rig)
    '66 EB, mostly stock (sold )
    "Semper Paratus"

Re: Another what's it F$#@ worth thread!

Here are the original pics from when it was built. I'll try and get some recent ones up soon.
    http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/album.php?albumid=18
    rich
    "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Looks nice!
      Jack
      73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

It is so hard to place a value on rigs these days as the market is flooded with "toys". There definitely seems to be a market for well built rigs though and I think there always will be. That rig definitely has some nice hardware and the suspension looks great.

What was the ballpark range you were thinking of asking for it? I'd venture its worth more than $10K but it is very hard to say. How's the paint? From the pictures it looks at least decent and very straight.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Well the rig doesn't look as nice as it did in those pics. Like I mentioned they are from some years ago and it's had some trail time since. The body now sports some fairly dented fenders and surface rust. I'm debating on replacing some body panels and possibly shooting some paint but not sure it's worth the hassle if it's going to be used as intended, on the trail. I'd say the build and parts are worth the $10K but of course it's all dependent on what someone is willing/can pay. Just thought I'd get some ballpark opinions from the experts. I'll try and get some new pics up showing the current condition.
          rich
          "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Its not very often that I'd say 10k for a bronco. But the sum of the parts, the abitlity of the rig. new tires for wheel'n and another set for the street. I'd put a 10k price tag on it. Whether or not you'll actually find someone to spend 10K, i don't know. One problem i can see coming is the aesthetics of it. A guy look'n to buy a completed rig, or out of the box wheeler is a guy look'n for flash. No what i'm say'n.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Thanks Trailbound, yeah I am definitely aware of the aesthetics issue. I guess it's a matter of finding the right buyer.
              rich
              "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Working...
              X