Kitchen? overated :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen? overated :P

Pulled the trigger, damn, now where is the box with the cereal bowls? and spoons? nice, 100* today and I dont have lid in there
    Attached Files
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Re: Kitchen? overated :P

Now that you pulled the trigger the only way you know you will be finished is to set a party date. It worked for me...one year later.
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Hey Rick if you need a hand setting them let me know. Thats what I did before Amarark. Kind of miss that hands on work. Started cleaning Kagelini Kabinets in high school. Wont be able to help till June
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Let me know when your ready for floors

Comment

i'm ready for floors!

Comment

I do Granite fabrication and Tile installation.
            sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Dang! forgot about this bunch of techs! needs: custom cabinets, counter tops, flooring (still havent decided tile vs wood), etc.... chit, I'l be eating out for a while, or, out of boxes

Thanks Brian, having them done for me/us

Brats71, and Greg, pm me a phone number
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Dang, wish I was closer Rick. I'd come by and lend a hand. Looks like a fun project.

Comment

I was there about 5 years ago. Kitchens are fun. I went with the special order modular cabinets from Home Depot and granite from a discounter in Oakland. I am extremely happy with both and the whole kitchen set me back about $8K, doing all the labor myself. The cabinet faces and face frames are solid maple, the cabinets are maple plywood. Very nicely built.

Now is the perfect time to pull more power outlets, make sure all appliances have their own breaker, etc. I made due in the mean time with a folding table, mircowave, and disposable utensils and plates, and my BBQ. I didn't have a functional kitchen for about a month and it really wasn't that bad.
                  Last edited by CityHick; 05-17-2009, 04:41 PM.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by BratsMom View Post
                    i'm ready for floors!
                    Sonny, I think the little woman needs some attention......
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                      Sonny, I think the little woman needs some attention......
                      Don't they all !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

It's like camping indoors!
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Been there. Done that.

I spent a year in a log cabin that had no power, water or outhouse when I moved in. I installed all three over the course of many months. I could see outside by looking between the logs. It was cold and a huge bat lived inside that dive bombed me every night. I finally killed it and the wing-span was 13 inches. The roof leaked over my bed and one time I almost stepped on a baby rattlesnake in the middle of the floor.

Then I moved into another cabin I bought and tore it apart and re-did EVERYTHING. Man what a pain that was, I froze my arse off. Ice would form on the inside of the windows. I lost all the plumbing three times due to the freezing cold. Got snowed in many times.

In the summer, it was too damned hot to go inside until dusk. I lived without a kitchen for at least a couple of years. BBQ'd deer meat or gray squirrel outside instead.

I logged the property to raise money for building supplies.

I tore up the floor in the kitchen, hand dug the dirt down to lower the elevation, then used a chainsaw to cut a hole in the exterior wall. We backed a concrete truck up and poured a new foundation inside the old shell. I re-framed the house from the inside and installed all new wiring and plumbing. This was all done without permits.

Later, I totally demo'd the back half of the old house and contracted out a big addition that was done with permits, and financing.

When I finally finished the house 15 years after I bought it, it was a nice 4 bedroom custom cedar home on 5 beautiful acres.

I gave it to the ex and she lives there now.

I'm done fixing up houses. Now it's old Bronco's, Jeeps and cars.
                          70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Backwoods View Post
                            Been there. Done that......
                            That is quite the story... I officially have no more room to b!tch about my 1970s tract home!
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                              It's like camping indoors!

I thought camping indoors was when the old lady makes me sleep on the couch. Man i love camping.
                              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                              X