Tire Trade ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Trade ??

Ok for my Dana 60 build I picked up some Toyo 37x13.5x17 MT they are used but only about a thousand miles on then. Guy bought them for a 72 Chevy truck then tore it down for a rebuild. I have another friend that want's to sell his j**p and it has 36x13.5x17 Irock they to only have about a thousand miles on them. But he would like to trade me tires the Toyos are 37" tall per web site and the Irocks are 36.8" tall per web site what to you guys think
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Re: Tire Trade ??

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
    Ok for my Dana 60 build I picked up some Toyo 37x13.5x17 MT they are used but only about a thousand miles on then. Guy bought them for a 72 Chevy truck then tore it down for a rebuild. I have another friend that want's to sell his j**p and it has 36x13.5x17 Irock they to only have about a thousand miles on them. But he would like to trade me tires the Toyos are 37" tall per web site and the Irocks are 36.8" tall per web site what to you guys think
    Will this be a trailered rig or driven on the street to the trail? I have heard good things about both tires. But i will say the Toyos will be my next tire..

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I personally think the Toyo's suck off road.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

If you don't put a lot of street miles on it, I'd go with the Iroks. The Toyos are great on the street but have thick/stiff sidewalls. The Iroks are much better offroad.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
          I personally think the Toyo's suck off road.
          Never had any exp with the Toyo's but if he says so, I'll go with that. Besides, how many of us use our rigs as DD's?
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I should clarify, I think the Toyo's are a decent street tire, but for the price, they handle very poorly on the street (Search for the Toyo tire pull on google, it seemed all toyo's had a very bad pull to them because of the design).
            I feel iRock's are a great all around tire. They seem to wear decent on the street, but more importantly they work great off road. I have talked many of my friends into irocks after having mine. A friend ran 41's on a 8k truck and got about 35k out them.
            For mainly off road use, I would go back to an SX though, they just were not out in the size I needed when I needed new tires
            The new BFG's look pretty killer, but then again they won't give me a set because I was such a hard core Swamper fan.
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
            X