Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody up for Bald Mountain Memorial weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody up for Bald Mountain Memorial weekend?

It looks like I'll have my Bronco back together and as usual I will be heading up to Bald Mountain this Memorial weekend. I will be up there most of the day Saturday and probably camp Saturday night and head home Sunday late morning.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Re: Anybody up for Bald Mountain Memorial weekend?

I wish I could go with you, but I STILL don't have my Stak t-case! Another wheeling trip that I'll have to miss this year because of this.

Comment

I can't make it this weekend - doing a little camping of my own farther north... I would really like to explore the trails in your area sometime later this summer though. Would be cool to go wheeling with the Fresno-area contingent of NCB!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        I wish I could go with you, but I STILL don't have my Stak t-case! Another wheeling trip that I'll have to miss this year because of this.
        When do you expect to get the Stak?
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

theres a few guys from 4x4him going up to bald this weekend-
          73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
            When do you expect to get the Stak?
            Two weeks ago, then last week, then this week, now next week. See where this is going!?

Comment

Two weeks ago, then last week, then this week, now next week. See where this is going!?
              I know how that goes, hang in there!

Comment

My goal: to get my bronco trail worthy, leave it be, then use it when an opportunity like this rears it's head. I vow (cheating occasionally) to never have my bronco dismantled again.

Wish I could go.................

I'll be heading up there the last weekend of June WITH THE BRONCO!

Comment

Should of got an Atlas..................Than you would be in the frame notch crowd. Hang in there it will be worth the wait.
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Had a blast at Bald last weekend, and I actually drove the bronco home this year. I did have a few minor problems. I somehow managed to snap a rear shock shaft, I must of got a rock smashed up in there. I also had a small electrical fire. When I changed to the softer and shorter 4.5" front springs I didn't spend much time checking clearances and I manged to rub a front tire on my winch power lead. It made a lot of sparks and smoke, but once we got it disconnected from the battery everything was fine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Glad to see that you didn't have any more catastrophic failures up there... It was funny, as I was running Slickrock last weekend I heard somebody mention bald mountain. My first thought was of your run of bad luck on memorial day up there. Glad the electrical fire didn't amount to much...
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Nice flex Steve! Sorry about the shock though....ouch!

Comment

Like all the flex u have up front. Very nice.
                          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                            Like all the flex u have up front. Very nice.
                            Now don't be get'n any crazy idea's!! I can hear the wheels turning in your head from here. It's wheeling season, not wrenching season.

Comment

but wheeling season EQUALS wrenching season!!
                              73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Working...
                              X