Conversion Ujoints??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion Ujoints??

Anyone using them? I might look into them when I get the Stak installed. It might save me some money on new driveshafts.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Re: Conversion Ujoints??

dont ya have to shorten and lengthen anyway?
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I looked into these and was talked out of them by the seller. Main thing: If one breaks they are more difficult to find as spares in a regular parts store.

Comment

May guys I know run them, I myself have, and still keep a few in the spare parts bin.
        Depending on what to what, it might be cheaper to get new yokes.
        I think the 1310/1350 joint from spicer was 40$. For 50$ you can get a new 1350 yoke.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I ordered the Stak with 1350 joints and didn't want to spend the cash on new shafts yet.
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
          X