Does someone want to paint my Bronco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does someone want to paint my Bronco?

Does anyone want to paint my Bronco for me? I have done all the body and prep work. I just need someone with the tools and know how. It would be just the front and rear fenders, grill, hood, and windshield frame. No doors or tailgate. The front fenders, grill, hood, and windshield frame are already taken off the vehicle. I don't think it would take that much paint because there is very little body left. I would do all the masking off, just need someone to spray it. I wanted to spend $300 with paint. I don't need that good of paint because it is going to get banged up and scratched anyways. Let me know.
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-17-2009, 08:46 AM.

Re: Does someone want to paint my Bronco?

I would definitely recommend you use a decent quality paint. I spent a bit more than your $300 figure but so far I'm extremely happy with the scratch resistance of DuPont Imron paint. If you can still get it in your area, its good stuff. It's actually an industrial finish. I wasn't exactly nice to my rig last month on slickrock and on surrounding forest roads, rubbing it against branches hanging out, etc and it fared extremely well - nothing more than a few surface scratches really.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

You might want to look into POR-15. You can thin it out and shoot all your parts in silver or another light color and then topcoat it in the same color, with their hardnose paint. It would be pretty indestructable.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

never mind
        Last edited by Orange73; 06-17-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
          You might want to look into POR-15. You can thin it out and shoot all your parts in silver or another light color and then topcoat it in the same color, with their hardnose paint. It would be pretty indestructable.
          Make sure you wear the correct respirator if you're spraying POR 15. That stuff seems pretty nasty if you read the spraying instructions. I would be pretty indestructible.

Comment

Most automotive paints contain all kinds of stuff you shouldn't breathe. I wore a supplied air respirator. POR-15 contains isocyanates, as does DuPont Imron. Isocyanates are very bad for you and once they're in your system they don't leave. Root word of Isocyanate is Cyanide. Need I say more???
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Does anyone have a link to someone that has done this? What is the finish like without paint on it?

Comment

go to miracle in modesto the manger likes doing old cars
                75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

check out tcpglobal.com I got a paint gun, I'll do it just for experiance. Wait the garage is packed with crap, I'm out. you can get a decent paint gun for $100 bucks, order the color you want shipped to your door for $100. Badda bing shoot it your self for $200 then give me $100 for incouraging you to go the extra mile.
                  72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I think I will try to do it myself. I called POR15 and there hardnose paint sounds pretty good. But since I am tired of the Bronco being in pieces, I am going to do it later. I am just going to wheel it for this summer like it is. It is metallic blue now since I tried to save money and rattle can it. Turned out like shit so that is why I wanted to paint it. Fu$% it lets wheel.

Comment

Just make sure to get all that rattlecan paint off before painting it with POR. You will most definitely have adhesion problems applying POR over spraypaint (or most other paints for that matter).
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Sorry Matt my father in law paints but he is on vacation. If you still want it done let me know?
                        sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Working...
                        X