HVAC Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC Replacement

Anyone replace their HVAC lately? I might have to replace mine soon and I wanted to know where the best deals are. Rebates, Grants, whatever!!!
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Re: HVAC Replacement

Check with your City, County and power supplier (PG&E, SMUD) I know Woodland has some kind of grant program and so does PG&E on some appliances.

Comment

...and don't go overboard spending too much on "super high efficiency" equipment, it's a waste of money. The return on investment calculations rarely add up.
      70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Thanks. I know SMUD will do the financing. I was looking at the tax credits too. Also looking for other rebates.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Call my brother. He is the store manager for Amana-Goodman there in West Sac i think. His name is Jason and his number is 530-864-7613. Maybe he can get you a scratch and dent plus he is a contractor and can install too.
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

You need a furnace of min 95% effic. to qualify for the $1500 tax credit ( 30% of job cost, $1500 max total) and $300 rebate from pg&e. York has a new single stage 95% furnace that is comparable in cost to an 80% furnace that qualifies. Keep in mind if your moving up from an 80% to 90% you need a new flue and a condensate drain line for the furnace.
            -Darin
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Just did mine, got both rebates, went with a Trane. I am used to them since thats what I work on here at the hotel. And as said, go with just enough efficiency to qualify
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I sure wish the rebates were around when I did mine 7 years ago. At the time the 90-95% furnaces were prohibitively expensive for my budget as a new homeowner. I ended up with an 80% furnace and a 3 ton 13 seer A/C for about $4K or so.

Even going to the 80% furnace though, from the 40 year old unit it replaced, the difference in my PG&E bill was huge. Weird to think that 80% isn't considered efficient enough anymore...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

http://www.smud.org/en/rebates/Pages/index.aspx

Here is the link to the SMUD rebates. Didnt know if you already checked it out. It has every rebate available.

Kyle

Comment

There is a tax credit of up to $3500 for upgrading to a 14 SEER or higher AC unit. California law requires a minimum of 13 SEER so the credit more than covers the additional cost for a slightly more efficient one. Most HVAC companies should be able to fill you in on all the details.
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Hey Broncrick, did ya get the CleanEffects air filter???
                      70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the reply's. I have some homework to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Backwoods View Post
                          Hey Broncrick, did ya get the CleanEffects air filter???
                          Nope, windows are open all the time, dogs running in and out through thier door all day/eve, not alergetic. Change the pleated filter every 30 days..... my dusty life
                          Rick-
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

How do you know if you have a 13 seer? The house I just bought is a 1980. The hvac unit is newer, but the stickers are bleached and the paint is oxidized. I'd say it's maybe 10 years old? I bought a home warranty and it needs the condensation lines replaced. I wonder how "bad" it has to be before they upgrade it to a 13 seer if it isnt already?
                            73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

If it's 10 years old I highly doubt it's 13 SEER. I'd say try and get a model number off the unit somehow then look it up.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X