Intrest in a Mass Buy on car haulers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrest in a Mass Buy on car haulers

Just wondering if anyone else is in the market for a car hauler for your EB? I've got a local guy here in Clovis that I am going to buy a 16' trailer from and he said that if I could round up a total of 4 to 5 buyers, he would sell them for $1550 each. (even less if we get more than 5) These come with 2, 3500 lbs axles, electric brakes on one axle, wood floor, 82 inches between the fenders, dove tail rear, 2 ramps, spare tire, the works. Seems like a pretty good deal. I'm going over to his shop tomorrow to take some pictures and I'll post them later. Anyone want to get in on this?

I've already got one other guy that said he is in for one, so we have 2 people including myself right now.

Thats not bad...I paid $1600 for mine with out the spare a few years ago. So since I have one already...I'm not interested but that is a good price....What brand of trailer though?..reputation is important
    70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Building my own for about the same but twice the axle(6000's), still using 3500 springs though and 4 wheel brakes. Wont risk my toy, Thanks, I highly recommend you think the same.

Comment

I want to say "yes', but I need something to pull it with first.
        No good buying the cart before the horse.

Comment

Well you gotta start somewhere. I got some pictures yesterday. I'll post them tonight when I get home.

Originally posted by Mike C
          I want to say "yes', but I need something to pull it with first.
          No good buying the cart before the horse.

Comment

OK...here are some pics of an 18 ft. that he had in stock. I was thinking of getting a 16 ft. What size trailer are you guys using?
            Attached Files

Comment

Mine is a 16' and there are time I wish I had got the 18'. Mine is also diamond plate decked. I do like that feature.
              Here's a crappy pic.
              Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:26 PM.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

If I had a choice I would go with the 18ft.

Comment

Patrick,

I'd reccomend getting an 18 foot deck. My bobcat trailer is a 16 foot "Contrail" and I think it's perfect, except the deck is a little short at times. I haven't ever wished it was a 14, but I have often wished it was a 18. You will use it to haul alot of other stuff besides your 68. Since I lifted my F-250, I use the trailer to haul anything I don't care to lift 3 1/2 feet off the ground to the tailgate. Instead I just put it on the trailer. HP D60 to the spray wash? Put it on the trailer, leave it on the trailer, and pressure wash it on the trailer. I do have built in ramps with spring assist and spring loaded latches, and they do "define" the back of the trailer, (I'd rather have let this donor truck hang off the back of the trailer a little, notice the rear stuffed rear tires on my pickup, shows how tounge heavy it was).

My trailer has 2 6300 lbs. torsion axles, both with axle brakes. It pulls like a ribbon, and I'd say the second set of brakes is good insurance. One other thing that you might look at is some kind of "tie down" storage on the trailer, this way you don't have to dig through the garage when it's time to hook up and go haul something. This can be a $150 home depot tool box bolted to the tounge, doesn't have to be too fancy.

The only disadvantage to my trailer is it weighs between 2800 and 3000 lbs. empty. I did add 8 D rings and the winch.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 720Racer; 02-28-2006, 09:56 AM.
                  Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                  I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Also if he has an option for a heavy duty jack, that will pay for it's self the first time you need to leave the trailer loaded, but un hook from your tow vechile.

I'm finding it pretty easy to spend your money.

Galen
                    Last edited by 720Racer; 02-28-2006, 09:57 AM.
                    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Thanks for the advise you guys. Sounds like I may be happier with an 18 ft. I just couldn't invision when I would want/need those 2 extra feet of trailer.

Comment

Working...
                      X