B17C crash site near Tells Peak???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B17C crash site near Tells Peak???

Hey Rick, I seem to remember you saying you might be able to get the coordinate for the crash site near the Barret Lake trail. Did you? I found an article with a small piece of topo map that has the crash site on it. I think it would be a cool thing to go see this summer!!!!
    Attached Files
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Yea I'll get for you/us. Prob forgot with the Bronc down with the swap I want to go up there too!
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Cool, Lets go this summer
      69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

i would be up for it but snow is real deep now so it would be a late summer thing
        70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Two places I have mentioned to the GF that I would love to live, one is AZ and the other is Nor Cal. AZ for the damn good rocks for crawlin, Nor cal is for the amounts of snow you guys get, pretty sad how I live in Canada and probably have less snow than you guys!

Comment

I am definitely game for this one!!
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Maybe we can do a scavanger hunt for prizes.. Skull or teeth gets the prize.. Or just look at stuff.. where is barret lake??

A
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

above Wrights Lake, which is above Ice House Resevoir.
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

no remains at the site. most of the crew bailed out but the pilot went down with it. the army sent men in to recover the body and weapons there use to be a web site with the whole story
                  70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

wow how long a go did this happen?
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Here's a link about it. Says it crashed in 1941 while in route to Sacramento from Utah.

http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites...crash_site.htm

Comment

Whats interesting is that this accident made Boeing aware of a fatal flaw in the b17 design. Later models had the tail section redesigned.

Comment

Thanks for that link. I was looking for something like that but couldn't find it. I am definitely going to look for this crash site. I hope enough is there to really check out...
                          Last edited by Delta 4 Wheel; 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM.
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Hey Carl, here's a link to another forum that I joined. There's a few links about crash sites too. I haven't done any research on the yet. Just thought I would share.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=123847

Comment

well lets get up there!! Just a camping trip/meeting in the hills! Lets do it.. Maybe the next meeting will be at Wrights Lake,,, OR ,,, Camping Get together..

Weekend Trips are looking good...
                              Aaron
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X