Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tera Manufacturing comes through BIG TIME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tera Manufacturing comes through BIG TIME!

Well, I decided to send my blown up Tera gears back to Tera for a possible warantee. Well, I hadn't heard back from them for a few weeks. Last night I had a nce surprise on the front porch. I will install these into a good case with all new parts including shift rails and forks detent springs and balls. I also have a HD output I will install. I will sell the case so if anybody is interested..I will figure what I need for it and post it up. It will be on CL, CB, and Pirate. I will give people here first crack at it...
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

I want it!! How much are ya thinkin? P.M. Me!! I would rather have the D20 than the engine. Unless you are asking too much $$$$..

Aaron
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 03-24-2006, 11:15 AM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Come on HOOK a brother up, I am interested also. Didn't we talk about this a year ago or so? Thanks Jim
      69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Unit is sold
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
          Unit is sold

DAMN!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Aaron
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
            DAMN!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Aaron
            Right place and right time. It is going into a guys rig that I am going to start working on. I'm going to build his rolling chassis including this tcase, AOD, and a nicely DELTA4x4 built 351W. I will post pics...if you guys wanna see...

After it is built, it will be placed under his really clean 77...(69 for DMV pupposes...)

Comment

Thats cool of Tera to do that. I talked to Jack Obrien a couple times this past week as he was interested in my EB. There is a definite reason why Tera's gears are $600 and his are $1500.

On a side note it sounds like he might have my next bronco sitting in his shop. He told me to give him a call in a year or so when I am ready and he might be interested in unloading a couple of them. I will be just looking for a frame and tub next time around and he has something that sounds about like that.

Comment

I just saw your post here explaining the delay..

My buddie bought the Obrians and had Jack install them in his case. He ran them with 38's for 4 trips. The center idler shaft walked and blew the gears up. Jack accused him of a heavy foot while using the twin stick. The is BS because my buddie drives like an old man. Jack told him the best he could do was to give him 100 off a set of gears. Jack proved that he will not back his product unless it is in a Mall Crawler...I will NEVER support him or his product no matter what. My buddie now runs an Atlas and has never had an issue.

Comment

I have Jacks gears...had them for about 6-7 years...never had an issue, but what you posted doesn't shock me either. I talked to him about a year ago and he warned me about using a twin stick with his gears...probably because of the very incident you just posted. He said it puts a serious bind on the internals doing front digs/just using the front. I told him that its a technique that can be very useful on the trail...etc. He just kept saying don't do it. I'm not expert on the internals, but have wondered if this twin stick deal is a real concern or something else bad luck/bad install. I've stuck to the standard shifter and knock on wood I won't have issues. I definitely would go Atlas if I were to do it again...peace of mind.
                  Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

The thing is, my buddie never did any front digs and was very easy on the gears. He got screwed especially since he bought the case complete from Jack. I'm with you and that's why got the Atlas.

Comment

thats funny jack would say not to use a twin stick with his gears since he sells a twin stick for the case.

I would probably go Atlas or Stak myself.

Comment

yea i agree howdy...
                        I talked to Jack and he was trying to sell me on the idea of his twin stick.. I kept saying how great it is to switch power from front to rear in trail situations. I told jack i was not ready to blow the case for that benefit. I remember back in the early 90s when twin sticking started up with boonie fabs, that they were increasing the stress on the t-case and that one of the issues was blowing grears up.. because of that I have been real leary of doing twin stick,, I think the rear wheel brake steer is a better option

just my 2cents
                        70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Delta...Just curious...do you know why the shaft walked? Regardless...Jack should have covered the gears if he bought it complete.
                          Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

We have no idea why. It walked out and bent the retaining tab in half. Jack definitely should have covered the gears. They were only a few trips old. But you know what? Jack has lost more business because of all of my customers and friends I steered away from him then he would have replacing the gears.

Comment

not to be a party pooper,,,, but i think we should drop the jack thing.. we dont want a pirate board starting up here do we?

Maybe we should start a bad vender area and then only list the issues and not let it become a hot spot. I think all of us who have been in retail know that there is always two sides to a story, but how its resolved is what is important. This is not an attempt to discount delta's issues... I just dont want to see this site become like the pirate4x4..
                              70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Working...
                              X