Bought stuff from Ballistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought stuff from Ballistic

We are so damn spoiled by buying from ebay or Summit and places like Amazon. We buy, paypal immediately, get an email confirmation, and tracking number within one day and presto! PARTS! I have been reading nightgmares with Ballistic shipping over on Pirate...hope I am not going to have issues. Over a week now and order is "In process." I may put this project off so I can do more snow wheeling.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: Bought stuff from Ballistic

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
    We are so damn spoiled by buying from ebay or Summit and places like Amazon. We buy, paypal immediately, get an email confirmation, and tracking number within one day and presto! PARTS! I have been reading nightgmares with Ballistic shipping over on Pirate...hope I am not going to have issues. Over a week now and order is "In process." I may put this project off so I can do more snow wheeling.
    When I ordered my steering parts from them I followed up with a phone call a few days later. They jumped on it right away after I did that.

I should have let you know you could have bought all your steering parts from my buddies at WFO in Grass Valley. They're about same price and are always on it. I didn't buy from them because the DOM you get from Ballistic in the package.

Kyle

Comment

I think a lot of the vendors are getting sloppy. I bought some ultimate 60 shafts from RCV in November and still haven't got them. They told me were shipping them out yesterday... We'll see. I don't understand why no one can give me a tracking number on stuff they already shipped???
      69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

I have used WFO and give them a thumbs up also. But I take all my stuff to SillyFab. He always takes care of my rigs.
        69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

I agree! Over the years I have become so spoiled by the typical 1-2 day wait for Summit Racing deliveries, that a week or even 10 days seems like an eternity. It's worse than a kid waiting to open presents on Christmas morning.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I have some square tube adapters and the housing ends for my spider trax diff almost here. Spoke to a shop in Vancouver not even two weeks ago and hes already put them on the bus yesterday morning to come over the mountains. I should be pickin them up on Monday.

Comment

You'd think, with the economy being so slow and all, that some of these vendors (ESPECIALLY the smaller ones) would be MORE customer service oriented to generate good PR and sales by word of mouth!
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I bought a diff cover from ballistic and they did screw up the order. it came about 2 weeks late.
                sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

There are some horror stories with Ballistic. A lot of posts from the guys there about trying to improve and hire people. I hope they do improve becasue this is a small world and a lot of vendors to choose from. They do have super nice stuff that are unique to them and that is probaby why they are still super busy. I will try to call Monday. There isnt really a reason to be upset at all...its only been a week.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I hadn't heard from them so I called Monday. The guy said they had already shipped and I would get them shortly. I said thanks...well, that night the email was sent from UPS tracking that billing was received, and the parts were actually sent Tuesday. Got here yesterday Still pretty fast, but I wonder if they would have shipped that soon if I hadn't called. I have read several stories like this one. No worries though, all looks perfect in order.

Comment

I don't think 4x4 parts are the primary focus of their business. They make stuff for many other industries, military especially. They had a press release recently about being rewarded a big army contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X