4.27s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.27s?

How come it seems that nobody runs 4.27 gears? Going through the calculators & it seems they'll give me just what I want for both highway & low range once I make the jump to 35" tires... Seems most are either running 4.11 or 4.56s... Curious.

Fungus
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: 4.27s?

I know a couple of people running them and they like them. Stock was 4.11 and they are easy to find used, and most people are looking for as deap as possible, but still strong. 4.30's are a nice inbetween though.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I think because 4.56 gears are a good ratio for 35"-37" tires and if you have 35" tires and might want to someday make the jump to 37" tires, you won't have to re-gear.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
        I think because 4.56 gears are a good ratio for 35"-37" tires and if you have 35" tires and might want to someday make the jump to 37" tires, you won't have to re-gear.
        X2
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Makes sense... I've got a buddy in Chico that is talking himself into 5.13s and will GIVE me his 4.56s so might be a mute point anyway... Just curious.
          sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

if you are running a high pinion 44 or 60 front diff make sure there is a compatible front reverse ratio available. there is anything you want for for a 9 rear but the dana's are limited in comparison. all i got
            6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Working...
            X