Correct 351W oil pan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct 351W oil pan?

Will this 351W oil pan work in my old Bronco, or will the diff get into it? It came off of the engine that was in a 1992 F-250 4x4 with TTB front axle.
    Attached Files
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Re: Correct 351W oil pan?

Hard to say. My diff has got into every pan I've had on my bronco. How often are you planning on catching air?
    It actually looks like it may be a good pan, it would definately work with mine now that I moved the axle forward.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I don't plan on catching air, but it could happen. I'll have to come check out your bronco since you have stretched it. I might move my front axle forward a little more.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I think you're probably ok with that pan. I run the pan that was designed for swapping a 351w into a fox body mustang and it works pretty well. I could see it being a problem if I ever jumped the Bronco and didn't have bumpstops, but I've flexed my rig pretty well and never had any interference problems at all.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Working...
        X