new dad and new name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new dad and new name

I am currently changing my user name to jonasd due to the fact that I've now found a sort of residency to this great web site and don't want people to get the wrong idea of who i am with my current user name but anyways, I've been more of a periodic lurker these past few weeks due to the fact that i became a proud new father two weeks ago to a baby boy and have not found too much time to be on the site. everything is going great, but was wondering if any of you dads have any advice for a new father or tips to make the long nights any easier. looks like the bronco progress is going to slow down for a bit but couldn't be for a better reason. thanks for the outlet and any advice,
    jonas

Re: new dad and new name

Congrats on the new arrival. Post up some pics of the little guy when you get a chance.

Comment

Congrads x 2. All the sleepless nights are worth it from what I hear. I'll be in the same boat in November if all goes well!
      74, Banana yellow, on 4-Ton Jack stands, waiting for more overtime. Soon: 37's, NV4500, Atlas, Full width 44/9" sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!! Yup, as said, it's definitely all worth it! Not to point out the obvious, but remember...Dry, Warm or Hungry will prob be the the reason for , 1st couple of weeks are nice if the wifey is breastfeeding b/c she's gotta be up every 2 hrs...after that, Dry, Warm, Hungry....

Good Luck!
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

*** TRAILBOUND ****

Congrats. Here is my advice: get a second job, if your gonna have to be up you might as well make some money and if your too buissy working then the wifey cant B*&^ at you. In all seriousness its not really all that bad. They are kinda boring until they crawl and they get interesting when they walk. Mine is getting (just over 2 yrs) to the obnoxious walk, talk, run stage and he's pig headed like his momma. Don't even stress it bro, no matter what they're doing you still get to be a proud papa.
          Last edited by TBS-POPS; 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM.
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

up for another midnight feeding but it's all good, I'm getting pretty good at falling asleep at the drop of a hat. I'm just thankful for the family leave act, I'll be going back to work next monday which will make three weeks off with the new man.

Comment

Congrats Dude... Pictures?

Well sleep when he sleeps, do not use that time to try and get things done around the house or Bronco. That lack of sleep catches up with you... Take pictures and video. He will grow up very fast. Be supportive of Mom and her needs...

Remember it is not about you any more, it is about him... You are the last in line for everything... When he gets older pack extra patience, you are going to need it.

Doug
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Congrats! Best advice so far is what Doug just said. Sleep when he does. Don't let the lack of it bring you down. And remember...most of what he will do is what you already did many years ago. Thank your Mama for letting you live long enough to have kids yourself. I did.
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Enjoy it enjoy it enjoy it... Thats all there is to say. The bronco and all your other toys will still be there when you finally get time to go back to them, and it is true you have now become the low man on the totem pole, unless you have a good wife who gives you your man time. Thats the only thing that keeps me sane some days..
                  75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

I'll piggyback and all the fellas have said above! Also, you and your wife are a TEAM! You'll BOTH need your breaks and be supportive and respectful of one another when its "break" time. The Bronco was mine, playing cards w/ friends was hers. Course, we have 2 older kids (9 & 6 now) and the twins at 16 months. Still don't sleep and my wife works nights so I'm a total walking zombie! That is OUR fault though because we've been lazy with the crib. They start in the crib and get brought to our bed when they wake up and have gotten used to that routine (to our defense, twins are ALOT of work!). They fall back to sleep right when they hit our bed so it allows us to go back to sleep. We're figuring out how to get them out of our bed right now & its going to be alot harder than if we'd just sucked it up in the beginning because the "bad" habit pattern has been built. Get up, do what you have to do to get him back to sleep and put him back in his crib/ basinette! This will pay you huge dividends down the road. Until he starts sleeping through the night, get what sleep you can, WHEN you can...
                    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

anybody remember about how long before they started sleeping in longer stretches through the night, we are still at about 2-3hrs at a time. the change in our relationship is wild, as said we are more of a team than we have ever been and so far i am glad to put everything on the back burner. hopefully i will have pics up today(I'm biased, but he's the best looking baby ever-took after his mother)

Comment

It depends on the baby, one of ours (the fatty) was sleeping 6-7 hours at night by week 6. All our others really were about every 3 hours for about 2 months then spread it a little to 4 then 5. 2 of them we had to force to sleep through the night at 6 months (earplugs and a couple sleepless nights to take control back). Kids learn manipulation real easy

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/p...&pictureid=221

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/p...&pictureid=222

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                            Kids learn manipulation real easy
                            Then when they turn 16 it flips. Then when they are 21 the parents pull out the old " I was 16 once and you didnt fool me what you were doing at that age, The same crap I was...."

Back on topic.
                            Congratulations. Got another bronco driver in the works.
                            Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 04-28-2010, 12:38 PM. Reason: dam spelling
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

The best thing about being a dad is someday you get to be a grandpa!!! Your own kids are a PITA! Grandkids are the Greatest!!!
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X