still looking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still looking...

the ad says it's still for sale, however he hasn't responded to my email. Either way I would like to hear your opinions on what you see, what you don't see, advice and or suggestions. Whether it's still available or not I am learning some things by your responses and appreciate you doing so.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1783356993.html
    '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Re: still looking...

I see a post that has been deleted. I don't see a Bronco for sale. What would I do, keep looking for an ad that had a Bronco for sale.

I'm a big help huh!?

Comment

thats weird, it doesn't show as deleted to me.. oh well, I guess he sold it then.
      '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

how 'bout this one?? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...794031974.html if I buy it, anyone want the rims??

Comment

seriously though, thinking about this one.. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...791821313.html he sounds motivated and I'll be down that way next weekend, just don't know if it will make the drive back to Sac. with the issues he mentions

Comment

Dude it's your money, but I say hell no to both. Way over priced pavement pounders. The blue could make it back but I'm not sure you want to drive a bronco that far period.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

the first one was a joke, the blue one is supposed to send me some more pics and info on what it's got. Overpriced?, you guys would know much better than I, and price is always negotiable. I'm just seeing what's out there, something that will give me a start that's had a little bit done to it but not hacked up or rusted out and won't cost me more than it's worth to enjoy with my kids.
              Thanks for looking and giving your input

Comment

$8K this day and age should buy you a pretty damn nice rig. Atleast with power steering and brakes! If you're looking for something enjoyable to drive you'll want both of those, not to mention for the safety of your kids... Those 2 upgrades right there can be worth quite a bit of $$ depending on how you go about getting parts and install.
                sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1794264920.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1792784842.html

My choice would to get one that you can modify as you go along.
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

ok, thanks! What is the cutoff year for smog exempt '74 or '75??

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post
                      I wish i had some extra cash....
                      {o===o}
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeJMB View Post
                        ok, thanks! What is the cutoff year for smog exempt '74 or '75??
                        75 and older are smog exempt

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2535
                        Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-17-2010, 08:55 AM. Reason: was wrong
                        {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                          I wish i had some extra cash....
                          That '67 looks like a real nice resto candidate! Be fun some day to have a totally restored uncut pavement cruizer...
                          sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I've considered some of those stock and project rigs and have browsed through some of the build threads on this site. The work that you guys can do on your own in your own "shops" is amazing and I wish I could see mine own go through the same process. The problem being that I have nowhere near your skills, experience, tools or shop to do it in. You guys can take a 3-5k dollar truck and with a few more grand and some trips to the salvage yard make it absolutely sick! It will cost me 2-3 times that amount to do the same because I've gotta pay someone to work on and install (most likely new) parts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot I can follow directions and your build threads are pretty damn informative, it's more an issue of tools and space. Also your abilities to identify, adapt and improvise a part to fit your needs and know that it will work is pretty astounding.
                            So I've come to the realization that I'll need to find a Bronco that someone has put some money into and is willing to sell it at a loss. I appreciate you guys pointing the bad points of the few I've brought up, it's helped me identify things to look for and questions to ask when talking to the owners about ones I'm considering. Hopefully I'm not being a pain in the ass!

Comment

Working...
                            X