stripped bolt in intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stripped bolt in intake

so I was installing the new radiator, water pump and thermostat housing for the new Bronco and stripped a bolt at the thermostat housing going into the intake manifold
    How screwed am I? Yes, it is the lower bolt, the one blocked by the water pump....
    '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Re: stripped bolt in intake

cast or alum manifold ??
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
      cast or alum manifold ??
      Alum
      '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

You've got three choices! 1) install a Heli-coil. 2) Tap the hole 1 size bigger and use larger bolts. This will probably give you figment issues. 3) Get another manifold and swap it out.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

shouldn't be to hard use a bolt extractor.... pick em up at most auto parts store or even a sears.. borrowing works also if you can find a set close enough.
          75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
            You've got three choices! 1) install a Heli-coil. 2) Tap the hole 1 size bigger and use larger bolts. This will probably give you figment issues. 3) Get another manifold and swap it out.
            with all 3 choices it seems the manifold is going to have to come off right? either that or everything I just put on that is blocking the hole, waterpump, hoses, belts, pully's, fan etc.? There just doesn't seem to be a straight shot to tap or put in that heli thing...

(Edit) by the way, what's a figment issue?? Or is it f-ing alingment issue!??
            Last edited by JusticeJMB; 07-10-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeJMB View Post
              with all 3 choices it seems the manifold is going to have to come off right? either that or everything I just put on that is blocking the hole, waterpump, hoses, belts, pully's, fan etc.? There just doesn't seem to be a straight shot to tap or put in that heli thing...

(Edit) by the way, what's a figment issue?? Or is it f-ing alingment issue!??
              Pull the manifild and do a Heli-coil, take it to a machine shop if you are not sure.

Always use anti-sieze on steel into alum... Welcome to the joys of working on a Bronco
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by kevoson View Post
                shouldn't be to hard use a bolt extractor.... pick em up at most auto parts store or even a sears.. borrowing works also if you can find a set close enough.

My bad i thought the bolt was still in..
                75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                  Pull the manifild and do a Heli-coil, take it to a machine shop if you are not sure.
                  A machine shop looks to be in my future then as I don't have the Heli-Coil tools...

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                  Always use anti-sieze on steel into alum...
                  Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by kevoson View Post
                    My bad i thought the bolt was still in..
                    No worries, my wording was probably misleading, I'm just learning as I go along here!
                    Thanks for responding nontheless

Comment

(Edit) by the way, what's a figment issue??
                      Meant to say "fitment", but my iPhone just loves to correct my spelling with the wrong words!
                      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

A machine shop looks to be in my future then as I don't have the Heli-Coil tools...
                        Doesn't take any special tools. You can get the kit at almost any auto parts house for around $30 that'll come w/ everything you need.
                        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
                        X