How to use Paypal without FEES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Paypal without FEES!

Hey guys, this has come up before and I learned to do it by reading a thread that I thought was on here but not sure and can't find it now. Reading the T-shirt thread prompted this little tidbit of advice. You can use paypal and avoid paying the 2% (or whatever it is) fee!

Once you login, click the "send money" tab at the top like you usually do.
    It then defaults to "purchase". You will notice right next to that tab (in the center of the page) another tab "personal". Click the "personal" tab and then select "payment owed". Now your transaction will be for the FULL amount and neither party pays the fee (as long as you're using an attached bank account)!!

I do all my paypal stuff this way now as that fee always pissed me off...

Fungus
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: How to use Paypal without FEES!

Really!? I had no idea. Why on earth would PayPal offer that? Just out of the goodness of their hearts, they will do the transaction for free? There must be a catch.

Comment

None that I've encountered Patrick. All I know is it works!

Comment

Brilliant!

EDIT: Any "Personal" payment used with you bank account (not Debit/Credit card) is free.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 07-12-2010, 12:50 PM.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

SOB!
          Thanks for the tip...
          I use PayPal for a lot of stuff and have paid them thousands of dollars
          over the last few years. It couldn't have been used on all of it, but probably
          a good chunk of it...

Comment

damn! good to know!
            WT 4x4
            91' One Ton Bronco
            1971 Bronco
            9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

I use it with people I know, works well but if you want or need any protection from deadbeats the purchase method will give you a mediator. They dont always get you all of your money back if something goes awry but can be assistive. With the personal tab there is no protection from predators like Patrick

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                I use it with people I know, works well but if you want or need any protection from deadbeats the purchase method will give you a mediator. They dont always get you all of your money back if something goes awry but can be assistive. With the personal tab there is no protection from predators like Patrick
                Hey, there you go giving away my true intentions! How am I supposed to scam somebody now!?

Comment

Awesome info. Thanks!
                  Vacaville, Ca
                  67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Paypal will if they think its not "personal" will warn you and revoke your account..if you keep doingit.
                    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

I'll take my chances...

Comment

Originally posted by CT Performance Inc. View Post
                        Paypal will if they think its not "personal" will warn you and revoke your account..if you keep doingit.
                        Be careful what you put in the message area, if you are putting an address, etc you will likely get flagged, send a separate email with shipping info if its needed.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

It states for "friends or family". I'd consider all fellow Bronco enthusiasts one or the other or both... It's all in the interpretation...

Comment

Yes but Paypal gets to interpret..I got away with it for 2 years..
                            Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X