Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller plasma's

I got a line on a little Miller spectrum 375 for $400

I like the price on it, but is a miller a good plasma?
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Re: miller plasma's

I have that one but I got mine for free
    It's a good plasma but is really limited in thickness. Had a hard time with 1/4". Pretty good up to 1/8". It also could have been the really dark (#8 I think) tint on my helmet so I couldn't see too well. Make sure your compressor is on a different circuit than the plasma. If I have them on the same circuit then I have to make sure I stop cutting when the compressor kicks on otherwise the breaker trips. I think I have 15 or 20 amp breakers in the garage.

Comment

wow, really, cause according to miller its rated at 3/8 and will cut 1/2

Comment

Waste of $$ unless you need to cut body panels IMO..I had one.

Keep looking I found a Hypertherm 900 for $400..needs shop air but any Plasma worth buying will. Cuts 3/8" like butter. Its 240v 1 phase 60amp
        Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

thanks Cary, the miller is gone anyways. If you see another deal like that post it up would ya.

Comment

I wouldn't buy any plasma other than Hypertherm. They build top notch plasma's.

Comment

Search http://www.searchtempest.com/
              Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                I wouldn't buy any plasma other than Hypertherm. They build top notch plasma's.
                I have the Firepower FP82 (cuts over 1"). Have had it for years, with ZERO ISSUES!! Made by Hypertherm, owned by Vicor Torch right? I have a fire power welder too and LOVE IT.
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                X