Tahoe City/North Lake Tahoe Trails??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tahoe City/North Lake Tahoe Trails??

I am spending 10 days up in Tahoe City next week.. I will have the bronco with me and was woundering if there was any trails for a day trip? The rubicon will be too long of a trip,, for this time.. ( other plans made ) But looking for day trip trails around North shore... Anybody done some?

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

This is a great ebsite. Search away. You might find a sweet trail...

http://www.trails.com/activity.asp?area=14713
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Looks good!! I'll check it out.. Thanks

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

the road from Tahoma to the top of cadillac hill isn't a bad run.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
          the road from Tahoma to the top of cadillac hill isn't a bad run.
          Is There a Name for it? Or Just part of the trail? That might be nice?

A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

The road is actually a loop. Check out Barker Pass Rd. I will have nice views.
            There is also some other trails in the truckee area which could be fun. One that I want to do is behind Donner Lake and goes up to a Rock cabin on top of a peak.
            70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

there is a fordyce trail in or near truckee, were they do the sierra treck. I do not know if that is close enough to tahoe?
              Last edited by buknbronco; 06-27-2006, 11:23 AM.
              302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

the rock house is at the top of lookout point. I have been there a few times. I went on a poker run last summer with the Far n Gone club from Cisco Grove to the top of Lookout point and down to the Eagle Lakes staging area. Not a bad run but with all the snow it might be alittle harder. I did bend my tie rod last year. If you check out Pirate 4x4 they are doing it again this year. I won't be able to make it due to a tile job I am doing.
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

We will be running Fordyce thru Cisco on the 17 th , your welcome to join us.
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

At Brockway Summit there are fire roads off both sides of the road. To the east goes to a fire lookout. To the west goes along the ridge above Tahoe City, there is a small lake you can drive to in there.
                    There are some good trails off Barker Pass Rd, near Miller Lake. You can access 3 or 4 little lakes. It's been 10 years since I've been on those trails so I don't know if they are still open.
                    Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                      At Brockway Summit there are fire roads off both sides of the road. To the east goes to a fire lookout. To the west goes along the ridge above Tahoe City, there is a small lake you can drive to in there.
                      There are some good trails off Barker Pass Rd, near Miller Lake. You can access 3 or 4 little lakes. It's been 10 years since I've been on those trails so I don't know if they are still open.
                      Have fun!
                      Thanks I check them out..
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                        .....At Brockway Summit there are fire roads off both sides of the road. To the east goes to a fire lookout. To the west goes along the ridge above Tahoe City, there is a small lake you can drive to in there.....
                        Aaron,

Two years ago I worked in Truckee all summer, and I spent some time on this road (to the west). It goes from Brockway summit to Tahoe City. Maybe a half a mile west of Watson Lake is a road up to Mt Watson (+8400 ft). You can drive with in 250 ft. of the peak and walk/(climb a little) right to the top. From the there you can see %85 of Lake Tahoe. If you're up there this is a must see. Take a few beers and just sit on the top and think about life. It's a must see. I haven't been there since I bought a digital camera or I'd post some pic's.

Enjoy

Galen
                        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer
                          Aaron,

Two years ago I worked in Truckee all summer, and I spent some time on this road (to the west). It goes from Brockway summit to Tahoe City. Maybe a half a mile west of Watson Lake is a road up to Mt Watson (+8400 ft). You can drive with in 250 ft. of the peak and walk/(climb a little) right to the top. From the there you can see %85 of Lake Tahoe. If you're up there this is a must see. Take a few beers and just sit on the top and think about life. It's a must see. I haven't been there since I bought a digital camera or I'd post some pic's.

Enjoy

Galen
                          Thanks for the tip.. Don't worry Beer and camera always go with me..

Aaron
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Just got back from Tahoe.. What a nice time.. Got out for a couple of day trips..

Mnt. Watson and Blackwood Canyon -Barker Peak

Aaron
                            Attached Files
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Hey guys doing it again... Up to Tahoe City (Dollar Point) for 11 Days! Boat is on the water... (22' Cobalt)
                              Sunnyside for drinks every afternoon!!!!

Looking for some Day trips with the Bronco... I did the Mt. Watson, and Blackwood canyon Last year.. Looking for some other day trips...

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Aaron
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X