Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cantilever rear suspension

Hey guys,
    I remember seeing a build thread that included a cantilever rear suspensioin with the shocks mounted horizontally along the frame rail. Does anyone know which thread I'm talking about? I was a bit intrigued with it, and I'm curious to see how it came out and how it flexes.

I ran a couple of searches, but didn't stumble across it.

Re: Cantilever rear suspension

I think that it was over at CB... remember it too
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I was half way thru my rear 4-link project with cantilever when I had to bailout on the cantilever portion of it. Sucks because I have all the pivots machined, cantilever arms made, coilovers... Just needed to be fitted. Now that the project is done and I like the way it drives, wheels, ect, I dont want to go expiermental on it.

Back on topic, Albino's Grey EB has it in the rear. I saw it up at Barret, its very clean, made me wish I would have done it anyway.
      1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Albino's Grey EB has it in the rear. I saw it up at Barret, its very clean, made me wish I would have done it anyway.
        Is there a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
          Is there a link?
          I have not seen one here. Maybe send him a PM

J
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

This one is pretty crazy

http://www.djfabrications.com/broncostuff.html

Comment

Crazy for sure! That seems way over complicated unless applied to a desert type vehicle. Mine was going to be on the super simple side, I will see if I can dig up some pictures tonight.

Comment

I think you guys are talking about Lance. Not sure what his user name is here but he has that type of rear setup. I think he started a thread here too.
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Cody Wagner has a Cj5 with Cantilever.
                  He competes in CalRocs.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                  X