Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to Reno for Hot August Nights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to Reno for Hot August Nights?

There used to be a big Bronco gathering at one of the truck stops out Sparks way. There were about 30 or so broncos 3 years ago, then nothing the last two years.
    Anyway is anyone headed up?

What are the dates?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I've gone the last few years, but I am going to miss it this year. It is an time!!

Comment

I'll be up with the Bronco.
        If you see me stop and say hi. I should be stocked with coldies

Do any of you Nevada guys know about the bronco gathering that they used to have up there? I think it used to be on Saturday.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well Back from HAN and it was a pretty good show.
          A nicely built bronco sold at the auction for $35K. Didn't get to see it but my buddy said it was a pretty nice lightly modified frame off, couple of inches of lift, 33-35's. That's a lot of dough...

Worst part of the trip. Parked at the Atlantis in the show lot to go check out some of the cars and some mother f**king low life a** hole keyed the side of my bronco. Dug in all the way to the metal right behind the passenger rear door about 6 inches long and a couple more 2-3 inchs long. The Scumbag... I hope he dies a slow painfull death.
          Talked with the Atlantis security and they wouldn't confirm if any cameras were looking at the lot, but they are doing an investigation. We'll see what comes of it. Hopefully they will be able to see who it was.

I've got a collectors policy on it so hopefully I'll get a new paint job out of it.
          The one that's on there is by no means the greatest in the world, and there are plenty of knicks and such but god da**it. Nothing pisses me off more than someone messing with my cars.

Comment

I edited your post a little in the interest of keeping this a family oriented site. Believe me, I understand your anger! I would be out of my tree if someone did that to my Bronco!

That sucks that some idiot decided to do that. Too bad you weren't there to catch him in the act.

Comment

That sucks big time. I've known people who have shown cars up there and got keyed. Unfourtunately it's not uncommon. Bunch of cowards that think thats funny shit.
              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

i went to hot august nights on Saturday night and will never go again. All i saw was gang bangers, wanta be thugs, and women dressed as whores.. I had small kids with me and decided to get the hell out of there when the comments started and guys were trying to start a fight. Cops everywhere I think I would have been better off going to Compton
                70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Wow, it's gotten that bad huh!? That's too bad, it used to be a lot of good clean fun. I know that the last time I went, which was a couple of years ago, I was talking to a couple of the local cops and they said that they were having a big problem with the out of town gangsters coming there and they don't even have a hotel room or place to stay so they are out on the streets all night long with nothing to do but cause trouble.

Comment

Thanks,
                    Sorry about the language. Sometimes it just feels good to vent.
                    Down town Reno has turned really bad the last three or so years with all the thugs and those girls. Well they arn't just dressed like whores. My buddy was trying to talk to a girl, she was happy to continue the conversation up in her room for a price. Crazy when you can't tell the working girls from the others on the street. At least it only gets like that after 9:30 or so and pretty much only on Friday and Saturday. I actually get a good chuckle out of it, but there is no way I'd be out with my kid in it.

Sparks is not nearly as bad with that sort of croud, at least the last two years haven't been. I didn't get out there this year, but if I do decide to go back next year (I had to pay for 07 last April) I'm going to stay in Sparks or at the Hilton.
                    I might just decide to scrap the HAN trip and go to SOB for my summer trip from now on. At least if my rig gets scratched there it will be from my own doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X