WH radius arm failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH radius arm failure

Well I have WH older radius arms and one now has a significant crack thru the lower 1/4 to 1/3 of the arm where it comes into the "C" section toward the axle. I was warned to watch these and sure enough now they appear to be failing.

Anyone else had this problem? I have had good experience with WH in the past and am hoping they will replace or discount me on a new set. I will call tomarrow, just hoping they don't tell me "too bad".

On the fix it side - I dont see how re-welding the section would fix it. I am thinking I would need to plate both sides of the "C" section and down the arm at least 8" to ensure they do not fail again. My other alternative is to make all new arms but that will cost some $$$$.
    FM
    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
    1 Cor 16:13-14

I pmed you but I will post some information here. You can find info about these breakages on cb.com Jim will replace it like he has done in the past. If not, you need to plate the c portion as well as down the arm to prevent this. I designed these about 7 years ago and Jim saw them under my rig...and vwala, they were on the market. We had the bend in our way before Jim Cole brought the cage design to Duff. My buddie mike had a one hour conversation with Jim COle (of cage) back when he was with Duff about the design of our arms...well soon after he had one with the same bend..what a bunch of ass hulios.

Anyway, all 6 arms that I built have since cracked and had to be plated to solve the issue. Where the plating meets the round stock, weld was used to build up the srea and ground down smooth. Have fun.
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Thanks Delta, I had been searching cb.com and found some more people that had the same problem. Seems that Slvregle had the same problem. Spoke to him today and he said that WH should replace them, no problem. Good to see WH stand behind their product.

As to sharing your ideas - sounds like you need to stop.
      Anyway thanks for the info

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Comment

Guys at WH really took care of me today . They let me ride away with a set of arms to replace my broke set. And when I return the others they will credit back my credit card. Good guys

Comment

Good to hear, and that is what I figured would happen. You definately weren't the first to have this issue.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Yeah that's great Chuck. I was hoping that's what they would do. Good guys up there.

Comment

Kick Ass, Glad to hear they replaced them for you
              69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Working...
              X