More Battery Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Battery Talk

It appears the Red-Top Optimas in my Bronco have had it. They've been in there for at least 8 years, so I guess it's about time.

Looking at replacements.

Deka Intimidator : Does anybody know where to buy them in Sacramento?
    POPS told me these are really good.

Odyssey :Sound nice but expensive.

Sears Diehard Platinum: I've heard these are Odyssey batteries made for Sears.

Re: More Battery Talk

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
    It appears the Red-Top Optimas in my Bronco have had it. They've been in there for at least 8 years, so I guess it's about time.

Looking at replacements.

Deka Intimidator : Does anybody know where to buy them in Sacramento?
    POPS told me these are really good.

Odyssey :Sound nice but expensive.

Sears Diehard Platinum: I've heard these are Odyssey batteries made for Sears.
    Google a retailer for them...

They are good, but yes there is the price thing... I have had very good luck with them.

So I have been told as well, I have never gone to Sears to check, probably your best bet...

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Is Tognotti's still around? They might have some of the batteries.

Paul
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Tognotti's is stupid expensive on everything!!! Plus their parts guys are A-holes! I'd just mail order whatever you need if it isn't readily available...
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I got my east penn batteries from batteries plus, they call them x2 power, I'm sure they're the same as deka since they look identical, are agm, and deka is made by east penn also.Way more power than my optimas ever had,$159 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
            Tognotti's is stupid expensive on everything!!! Plus their parts guys are A-holes! I'd just mail order whatever you need if it isn't readily available...
            X2 really have to want/need it today to buy from them...but...
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I have had good luck calling manufacturers to see where to find their products at retail outlets. Might try that with Deka.

Also don't forget battery shops like Battery Bill.

Comment

Battery Bill has Deka's in stock. They also have optimas as he is an optima dealer BUT they dont sell them, he keeps them for warranty exchanges only...
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I'll check out Battery Bill on Monday.

Looks like a winner. Thanks.

Comment

Get the sears...its the same as the hawker..
                    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

My next purchase is going to be 2 Sears diehard platinum.
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I just picked up 2 die hard plat. for the superduty. Just a heads up...look on line for the 10% discount. If you buy on line then pickup in store you get 10% off. The price you see is with exchange and if you have them install.....then their installation is covered with the warranty of the batt. (meaning you only pay for the initial installation should you need to have them replaced)

Also...I contacted the Odyssy Manufacture and asked them point blank..."is the die hard the same battery as the Odyssy?"

Their reply..." they are made in the same factory, using the same materials."

Just a FYI...
                        70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Perfect, thanks for the info on the Die-hards.

Comment

I have dual die-hard plats. Going on 3 years now. SELDOM do I start the bronco up. Never have had to charge them. The bronco has been sitting outside since November. Strong as ever. I bought one for my excursion as well. Neighbors are starting to use them too. In my research I found them to be odeseys as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X