Soft Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soft Top

The zippers are plastic, undersized and cheap. I think they will be the first thing to break on this top, as much as I take the windows on and off. I've lubed them with a bar of soap, it helps, but you still need to be careful not to damage them when using. Rampage claims that the Black Diamond model has heavy weight zippers and stitching over the standard top. Not a big fan of the tint, out on the trail either, but the wife and the dogs were cold, so I was out voted on window removal that day.
    Mark
    Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

For that price if I do buy one, I just might take it to an upholsterer freind of a friend and get him to make me a HD copy of one in something that eventually would be a diamond white.

Comment

Thanks for the info and pics as well from everyone. I have decided, and the winner is..... Rampage! Can't argue with the price or the advise givin. Not going to mention names but someone just told me that BestTop home office is still in Co. but the tops are now made overseas. Rampage made in the USA. I'm sold. Ordering the top first thing Monday morning.
        Leave No One Behind
        KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPapa View Post
          Thanks for the info and pics as well from everyone. I have decided, and the winner is..... Rampage! Can't argue with the price or the advise givin. Not going to mention names but someone just told me that BestTop home office is still in Co. but the tops are now made overseas. Rampage made in the USA. I'm sold. Ordering the top first thing Monday morning.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Rampage top is made in China as well. But their HQ's is in SoCal. Still a decent product. Maybe the kids over there are using U.S. sewing machines. Wishful thinking?
          Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Thanks for popping it!
            Leave No One Behind
            KK6AUW

Comment

So if Rampage is made overseas, then what does WH call there in house stuff?
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Their website is a bit confusing on that, but it looks like the only thing they offer to the public is bikini type roll bar tops. The Camo top on Nightmare is a custom one off. Bestop and Rampage are made in China. BCB's and Can-Back are U.S. made and their prices and quality reflect that.
                Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

BCB and Canback also reflect another great American invention; the canastoga wagon circa 1850.

The China argument should be mute, as almost everything we own comes from the orient.
                  72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I am actually very happy with my rampage top, it has held up very well through all this rain we just had. I am less than pleased with the bestop doors though, the frames are too weak to hold the firm against the body...I think.

Comment

I talked to the guy at wild horse that built the top on the mare, he said it cost about $1200 to build that top and it has besttop hardware.
                      75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Working...
                      X