It pays to be a scrapper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to be a scrapper...

The RV place my brother works at piles junk and unwanted parts up in one corner of their back lot and eventually makes a dump run. Well the manager asked my brother if he wanted to haul everything off to the recycler/dump and keep all the proceeds. So, we took 5 truckloads of steel and a 30ft. Flatbed trailer piled high with aluminum trim and awning tubes to Schnitzer Steel for a grand total of $1200.... Did the price of scrap go up? Cause I'm thinking, um....YEAH!!! The manager told him he'd probably make about $400. Yeah, times 3! And we also recycled 6 aluminum wheels and 15 tires! That was a pretty good weekend!!!
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Re: It pays to be a scrapper...

On another note... Also in the pile was a brand new Reese 18K 5th wheel hitch missing some small parts and another 16K. If I wanted a 5th wheel hitch on my truck or sitting around in my garage for weeks... I would have sold it. But I have no use for it and didn't wanna be tripping over it all the time.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

thats why all these guys are stealing copper from the lamp posts.
      1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

steel is way up. my tow buddy says abatement tows have slowed as the citys don,t want to piss off po'folks and new car sales are down. p-n-p is giving him 450$ for anything complete he brings in and they are still making money. they used to give hin 125$ and that was only if it was complete. if the yard got too full they would charge him 60$ each if they didn't have engine or trans and that was only 2 years ago. a big rig truck drum is worth 18$ in scrap at snatchers right now.
        6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Ive got an old case 450 crawler for sale on craigslist for $1500 and my phone is ringing alot.Its probably woth more than that in scrap
          sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

Working...
          X