tapered shims for rod ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tapered shims for rod ends

My Qa1 heims for my high steer arms are getting pretty sloppy. I'd like to change over to some GM tro's but my high steer arms are drilled out for 3/4" bolts. Who makes the tapered shims for the arms?
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Re: tapered shims for rod ends

Partsmike has some that fit a 7/8 bore. They go in from the top and are split, so they expand against the hole. I have seen others that go in from the bottom and require welding, which didn't make much sense to me given the alternative.

And they are pretty cheap.

Comment

There is another company doing them that someone mentioned here about a month ago too. It's one of the standard "custom cool stuff" companies, but for the life of me I can't remember the name.
      You probably know it too, and will go "a-ha!" when someone posts it up.
      I know I will

Ballistic maybe?

Paul
      Last edited by DirtDonk; 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM.
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Originally posted by tortuga View Post
        Partsmike has some that fit a 7/8 bore. They go in from the top and are split, so they expand against the hole. I have seen others that go in from the bottom and require welding, which didn't make much sense to me given the alternative.

And they are pretty cheap.
        x2 I am using Parts Mikes Tapered Shims. Would also like to add Mike and crew are stand up guy's.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Do they have a lip on them so they don't slide out of a lets say a 3/4" hole or do I need to taper out my arms?
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans

Comment

Just looked on their site. Is it the 9/16" conical washer with the slit?

Comment

It may not be on the website, I searched but didn't see it.

Picture a cylinder that is 7/8" OD, TRE taper ID, with a lip at the top/wide end and a slit down the side. The TRE forces it down and out against the hole in the arm, and the slit allows it to expand while the lip keeps it from dropping through.

Just call them and tell them what you need, they can explain it better than I can.

Comment

I just found them at Ballistic. They go in from the bottom and weld in, to allow moving the tro's from bottom to top. So I guess thats why they are taper in the direction they are. Thanks guys.

Comment

I never could find them online called and got what I wanted
                  PartsMike Online Store (530)885-0673 9600 Hill View Rd. Newcastle, CA. Hours: Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM Pacific Time

Give them a call they have what you want with out the long wait............
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Thanks. I'll give them a call.

Comment

Working...
                    X