Hello from China!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from China!

For the guys complaining about having to work during the Rubicon trip, just be happy you're not where I am. Temp today was in the 90s with 90% humidity plus scattered thundershowers here in lovely Shenzhen.

So, how do you know you've left Hong Kong? You find a shitter in the floor. At least there's toilet paper and not the water faucet and bucket.

Why does every hotel in China always have one of these in the closet? Or maybe why doesn't every hotel in the US have them?

To keep it slightly on-topic, here's a Chinese body shop. What's a paint booth? I think this guy can give Marc some pointers for the next time he spray bombs his Bronco.

This is our production line in the factory of our contract manufacturer. At least there's air conditioning.

Old stick welder they're using to build a burn-in room for us.

More to come later. I keep my camera on me at all times especially when we're driving around. Can't wait till Friday when I get to go back to Hong Kong for the weekend. End of the season race at the Sha Tin race course on Sunday. Gonna place some bets on the ponies.
    Last edited by gddyap; 06-14-2011, 05:56 AM.

Re: Hello from China!

Forgot this one of today's lunch menu. They need to work on their English translations. Exchange is about 6.5 yuan to $1. Sorry it's a little blurry.

Comment

That toilet looks pretty dangerous, like if you had a long night of drinking. You know the kind that you can shit threw a screen door from 20' away! Have fun and be safe!
      Leave No One Behind
      KK6AUW

Comment

At least the toilet has 'bumps' for traction
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

They had some toilets like that in Italy when I was there! That menu looks kinda scary! I think I would be losing a lot of weight over there! Stay safe and good luck with the ponies!
          70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

When I was traveling I'd always shed a tear anytime I came across a western toilet.

Are you in a crowded city?
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

We're about 30minutes from the border. It's not wall to wall people. Traffic is light on the freeways but messed up in the cities. People drive slow but super aggressive. They'd give a New York cabbie a run for their money. Everyone lays into their horns but no one pays attention so I don't know why they bother.
              Interesting story: There were two school girls at the restaurant we ate lunch at. I'd guess maybe 2nd grade. My boss got up to go to the bathroom and the two girls saw him. Their jaws dropped and their eyes were as big as saucers. I guessed that they've never seen a 6'4" black man before in their life. They just stared as he walked across the room. Then started giggling and talking to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                Traffic is light on the freeways but messed up in the cities. People drive slow but super aggressive. ... Everyone lays into their horns but no one pays attention so I don't know why they bother.
                Asian people... driving....you dont say...
                {o===o}
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                Originally posted by CityHick
                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                  I guessed that they've never seen a 6'4" black man before in their life. They just stared as he walked across the room. Then started giggling and talking to each other.
                  HAHAHAHAHA!
                  That's funny! My friend (white guy) was sent to Singapore, he's 6'7". I wish I could of seen all the people gawk at him.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                    Asian people... driving....you dont say...
                    I was thinking it could actually be quite fun. There are almost no rules and, even better, no cops who care. Other than not knowing where the hell you were going, you can almost do what you want. Although traffic does stop for red lights. Most people see lane markers and arrows as suggestions only. They also just stop for no reason, even in the left lane. Just watch out for the pedestrians. We were talking on our way back to the hotel today and I said that you could almost say that they're really good drivers. With as much road anarchy going on I'm surprised there aren't more accidents. A lot of cars don't have a scratch or dent on the bumpers. I see more cars broken down on the side of the road than involved in a fender bender. It helps that they drive slow.

Comment

Having a hard time uploading pictures from the China hotel. Should be better when I get to Hong Kong tomorrow. I was able to get one uploaded.

This gaggle of girls were crossing the street in the middle of an intersection. This wasn't a small intersection but had two lanes of traffic going in all directions. They almost got taken out by the yellow Isuzu.

On a similar note, this place is a target rich environment. All you need is the ability to speak Mandarin.

Comment

Driving in South Africa was the same way, absolute mayhem for a westerner, until you figured out the "rules" then you could make sense of the chaos and get around.
                        I believe I only saw one wreck while I was there.

Comment

In Hong Kong you can upgrade your combo meal at Burger King with a can of Carlsbad beer for an extra 10hkd ($1.25). A Whopper meal is only 37.5hkd ($4.80).
                          Last edited by gddyap; 06-19-2011, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Now why would you need hourly rates? 78hkd/hr is only $10/hr.

Comment

Now that pretty funny. Hotel rooms by the hour! LOl!

Comment

Working...
                              X