Electric Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Fuel Pump

Has anyone that uses an in-tank electric fuel pump have better luck with one brand over the over?
    Has anyone else had a problem with the new pump in a new tank fail almost immediately?
    I’d rather pay extra now for a better pump to have on hand. The vendor is sending me a replacement pump but I would like to hear what everyone else has experienced with their electric fuel pumps.
    I definitely will be buying a spare and I already cut a hole in the bed of the bronco to easily access the pump.
    The pump Im getting repalced is Airtex. At summit they have Walbro, BBK, trick Flow, Summit brand, Aeromotive, Holly, Delco. What brand is better than the other. They probably all come from one or two manufactures anyhow????
    I just want to get the best pump now.
    72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Re: Electric Fuel Pump

I use the in-line BBK Hi pressure pump with a good filter before the pump and it has lasted 10+years. No advise on in-tank pumps though...I would just say to make sure the "sock" or whatever filter you have is in good shape. One little piece of garbage in the pump can cause failure.
    70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Working...
    X