Windshield install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield install

Is it easier to install the glass with the frame on or off the vehicle? I watched Wildhorses video on youtube but I was just wondering
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM.

Re: Windshield install

I installed mine on the vehicle and it was pretty easy using the string and soap technique.
    WT 4x4
    91' One Ton Bronco
    1971 Bronco
    9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

What is the soap technique? I imagine get the string all soaped up? What kind of soap?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
        What is the soap technique? I imagine get the string all soaped up? What kind of soap?
        dish soap. just spray it everywhere with a water bottle.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
          dish soap. just spray it everywhere with a water bottle.
          Around the gasket works best, no need to spray everywhere
          69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Yeah just aim at the gasket... ;-)
            WT 4x4
            91' One Ton Bronco
            1971 Bronco
            9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Jeff did touch the glass so I would wash it while your at it. You dont know where those hands have been.
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I would think if your frame is installed on your rig it won't be moving around while working the glass in.
                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I broke my last windshield when the frame wasn't mounted. It is much easier on the rig. Soap and a rope is the only way to go.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                    Jeff did touch the glass so I would wash it while your at it. You dont know where those hands have been.
                    Yeah, my hands go everywhere.
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

With Marc and my wifes help it took us about 15 minutes. I picked up some 3/16 cotton clothesline string, wrapped it around the glass, squeezed some dawn soap and water on it and it was easy. Two people held and pushed in the glass while one pulled the string. The frame was mounted which Im sure made it alot easier.
                      72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

My frame is mounted with sheet metal screws so I just take the frame to my glass place, they remove, cut and reset the glass and I drive nice and gingerly home. Cracked the last one by resting it on the scoop.... need to redo it again this fall, thank god its only 150 bucks for them to cut me a new piece of glass. Wont be resting it on the scoop again!

Comment

Working...
                        X