Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New house stuff!

well it looks like we'll be moving into our new house in early August
    Any sources on here for garage cabinets? I've just contacted Sonny about flooring questions/changes..... We'll also be doing some landscaping, pest control (at least initially), we'll be buying new appliances, future considerations are backyard coverage(pergola type either wood or aluminum?) as well as pool, shed, out building/pool house/cabanaish man cave! Oh, and MOVING HELP!!!
    Anyway, I would love to give you NCB friends first shot at these bids, if anyone is in these fields, please feel free to contact me. Obviously all this stuff won't happen the first few weeks/months/years? we are in there but i'd like to get some ideas on costs.
    Thank you!
    '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Re: New house stuff!

DONT buy GE my front load washer and dryer suck. Most of the landscape work can be done yourself. Sod is cheap and easy to do.
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

Let me know when you are ready for your appliances. And I agree with jperry1290, GE seems to have some quality control issues the past few years. But shoot me a PM when your ready and we'll discuss.

Comment

Plus GE has coupled with the OBAMA admin and will not get a dollar of my money, ever again.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

If you're looking semi-fancy cabinets for the garage, there is a showroom for the "Let's Get Organized" brand (I think that's what they call themselves) right up there in the big mall area of Roseville.
          Worth the trip for a Ford fan anyway, if they still have the AC Cobra in the showroom!

Nice product, and (when it comes right down to it) not all that expensive either. Although you can do it for a lot less with other types of cabinetry, I got a quote for about $5000 for a full garage, installed.
          It's a lot of money for me, with an old house, but with modern costs of things being what they are, and if you're buying new and can add it in to the mix, it doesn't seem such an expensive upgrade to have all that storage space.

For someone on a budget though, or not sure what they want, or don't want super nice stuff just to beat it up in the shop, look on Craigslist for someone giving away their whole kitchen in prep for a re-model. Seems like very other week around here someone is listing up the perfect garage for the cost of hauling it away.

Good luck.

Paul
          Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
          www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
          68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

appliances-I would say get a hold of Patrick as Kenmore/Whirlpool Is nice stuff.
            Jack
            73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I have a Maytag Neptune washer/dryer combo that I bought like 6 years ago and it's amazing! I've never seen a washing machine that worked so good at getting diesel fuel, grease and other stains out of clothes! Even the commercial ones at the laundromat don't work as good!
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                Plus GE has coupled with the OBAMA admin and will not get a dollar of my money, ever again.
                GE corruption wasn't caused by any specific elected official. It has more to do with them having their dirty paws in everything from light bulbs to plumbing to locomotives to electrical fixtures of all sizes to jet engines and just about everything else you can imagine. Not to mention they've been outsourcing jobs overseas for years and years. Most recently they've sent jet engine manufacturing to China and they've been posting record profits while paying NO taxes!
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If you have termite issues Im your guy.
                  sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    Let me know when you are ready for your appliances.
                    Thanks Patrick, you're gonna be a big help. We're mulling over our selections now and reading reviews. I'll contact you again tomorrow.

Originally posted by DirtDonk View Post
                    If you're looking semi-fancy cabinets for the garage, there is a showroom for the "Let's Get Organized" brand ...
                    We have "We're Organized" cabinets in our current house and really like them. We might do the same, but thought I would ask anyway!

Originally posted by trash View Post
                    If you have termite issues Im your guy.
                    Hope not trash, but I'll contact you if so. Home and pest inspections next week, hopefully it"s all good.

Originally posted by jperry1290 View Post
                    DONT buy GE my front load washer and dryer suck. Most of the landscape work can be done yourself. Sod is cheap and easy to do.
                    we already have pretty nice front loading washer and dryer Kenmore Elite I think. As far as landscaping, the grass is already there, but I know we would like to do the concrete "mow strip" around it.
                    Last edited by JusticeJMB; 07-03-2011, 06:22 PM.
                    '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

I should also mention that I am a Project Manager for a commercial door, frame and hardware distributor here in Sacramento. I also have access/accounts with residential manufacturers and I would be more than happy to return any favors or discounts!

Comment

Originally posted by jperry1290 View Post
                        Don't buy a GE fridge either. Ours is only 4 yrs old and has issues already.
                        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
                        X