Some Props for All of us-off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Props for All of us-off topic

just got back from a week camping at Cisco Grove campground (great place, they love off roaders, in the middle of the seirras, clean showers, full camping hook ups) where I took out my rusty 1970. There was a lot fo snow still left up there and plenty of rocks and puddles. Anyways getting to the props part for all of us, there was a group of rock buggies up there most likely $30K rigs but everyone wanted to talk about to me about my ole bronco. sure those guys could some places I couldnt but at the end of the day, i unlocked the hubs and drove down 80 while they loaded up on a trailer. everytime I pulled back into camp someone would wave or stop me and want to talk to me about the bronco while the buggy boys just drove by with their trailered buggies. "you dont see those any more" or "man you are old school" or my favorite from the girl at the gate "broncos are chick magnets and it even makes you look good" were common comments. Anyways, I know I got a ton of work to do and most likely never be "done" working on my bronco but wanted to share this with all of you. hope it makes up for all the knuckle busters, all the trips to wild horse or jeff's or tom's, or all the times we spent lying on our back wrenching on it. Me, my wife and my two girls had an absolute blast and this bronco thing is so worth it.

Kind of sappy, I know, but still kind of cool.

CV

Re: Some Props for All of us-off topic

Way cool.. Broncos always get the heads turning..Just as long as they dont call us Jeeps..
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Jack
      73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I do trailer mine up and down the hill, but it is street "Legal" and streetable so I can still do the parts runs with her! I agree that Broncos are head turners. They were cool in 66' and still cool in 11'
        70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

I've had a few nice cars in my day but nothing has turned heads like my Bronco (even in stock form when I got it). Definitely get some comments on the trail too.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

This is why I miss driving my Bronco everyday. It gets people attention.

The best time driving it was when a SMOKING hot 30ish (maybe 40ish) MILF was driving an convertible and we both stopped at the stop light. She looked over at me and said "Aren't you a little young to be driving something that old," with a wink. Then, smart ass me decided to say "Sounds dirty!" That is how my love for older women started.....

Anyways
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

The correct response Ryan would've been, "I'm into all things with a few years that age gracefully maintaining their elegant lines and curves"!
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                The correct response Ryan would've been, "I'm into all things with a few years that age gracefully maintaining their elegant lines and curves"!
                Well Said
                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

John, to quote beavis and butt-head... "Damn you're smooth".
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                    John, to quote beavis and butt-head... "Damn you're smooth".
                    It's a pre-req to wearing a military flight suit...

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                      It's a pre-req to wearing a military flight suit...
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                        LOL! True. I know plenty of dipshits runnin' around in them suits... I'll use mine as coveralls if I can ever squeeze my fatass back into'em.

Comment

Yeah....Broncos rule !!!!

"Chick magnets" !!??

I need to drive my Bronco more often.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                            This is why I miss driving my Bronco everyday. It gets people attention.

The best time driving it was when a SMOKING hot 30ish (maybe 40ish) MILF was driving an convertible and we both stopped at the stop light. She looked over at me and said "Aren't you a little young to be driving something that old," with a wink. Then, smart ass me decided to say "Sounds dirty!" That is how my love for older women started.....

Anyways
                            The response could have been, "getting my practice...I tend to like driving things that are older"
                            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Just took the Bronco out this a.m. for a coffee and donut run. More looks in the Bronco this morning that I can remember. The girl in the Starbucks drive thru was so excited, saying her dad would be so jealous, its so much better than a Jeep, etc, etc. I thanked her for recognizing it was a Bronco and NOT a Jeep to which she replied "Broncos look more like scouts than jeeps" I told her we could no longer be friends.

anyway, it felt good for the old iron to get some attention
                              1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X