My bronco is cursed!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bronco is cursed!!!!

So, apparently my bronco really really doesn't want to leave the garage.........EVER!!! Since my dual power steering pump system didn't work. I removed the 2nd pump and in it's place fabbed up an idler pulley with bracket to go there. Then I re-routed hoses so that I was running fluid from the PSC pump through the hydroboost then to the gear box which also has a ram attached. I was really surprised, I had steering while braking so the original problem was fixed. Happy me............for about 2 minutes. Then the re-man hydroboost that I just bought from Autozone froze up causing the PSC pump to over-pressure which made a kinda pop noise. I lost steering, and the hydroboost hose was rigid, telling me that the hydroboost was blocking the fluid. FUN! I bypassed the hydroboost and ran the pressure supply hose straight to the steering gear and just looped the hydroboost hoses to each other(no pressure). Started it up with fresh fluid.... and nothing. No steering. This leads me to believe that there is some sort of pressure relief valve inside the PSC pump that opens when there is no fluid flow. So, again or still.... the bronco sits in the garage, where it apparently is happy. WTF? WHY ME? I have decided now that I am going manual brakes when I can afford a master cylinder. I guess I have to send the PSC pump back to PSC to find out what happened. Anyone have ideas?
    Last edited by Efibroncoman; 07-09-2011, 03:32 PM.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Re: My bronco is cursed!!!!

I feel your pain brother....
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I just threw away my old manual master cylinder last week.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

X2 what TBS-POPS said I feel your pain. Its called Customizing, I too have been there to many times. Keep moving forward its worth it. Frist trip around the block and it will be hard for someone to wipe the smile off your face.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

X3...

I felt your pain while doing the HB conversion... Thankfully that is behind me. Yours will soon pass too, it takes time to get all the bugs (possible problems) out.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

have you tried to contact the psc guys? they are awesome. they rebuilt my brothers pump at KOH for next to nothing... and his was a howe pump. they were very helpful, answered many questions. and we werent competing. sorry for you problems, i know it is frustating when you just want to drive the darn thing after spending all that time. hope your issues are solved soon!
            73 bronco

Comment

Mine is also, And my mustang so I feel your pain!
              1970 bronco sport,built 351w,built c6 ,np205, 1tons,44's on H1's,ez wiring,tbrid EFI, 3link front & 4link rear.

Comment

My old one was cursed and my new one is cursed as well.

Finally got all the minor crap fixed, so we drive it about 30 minutes away....get there and find out.......I have no more reverse. Me and automatic transmission DO NOT get a long.
                1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Originally posted by fatguy View Post
                  have you tried to contact the psc guys? they are awesome. they rebuilt my brothers pump at KOH for next to nothing... and his was a howe pump. they were very helpful, answered many questions. and we werent competing. sorry for you problems, i know it is frustating when you just want to drive the darn thing after spending all that time. hope your issues are solved soon!
                  It just happened today.... I'll call them Monday morning and see what they can do.
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Oh good its not just me. Owned mine for a year and maybe drove 60 miles. I ve replaced axles seals(twice thanks to NAPA giving me the wrong ones the first time), rebuilt the carb, replaced the coil, vac advance, oil pump shaft, bled the brakes 3x's. Hoping to drive it tomorrow.
                    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

Working...
                    X