ACB Rubicon trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACB Rubicon trip

I just thought I would post up here since you guys helped us out planning our trip. The ACB run of the Rubicon was a total success. We had 7 broncos total. Two of which where wearing 33" tires, and one of those had a limited (unlimited) slip in the 44. I have to say that after all the reading and planning I have done, the trail was about twice as tough as I expected, and getting the broncos with 33" tires through was a challenge. We did exceptionally well in the breakage department. We lost one u-joint, lost a nut from a radius arm, and a master cylinder. We were able to get fixed and keep moving in all cases. Also there was no major body damage. Just a couple scrapes and dings.
    I have to say that you guys have some beautiful county over there and even after seeing all of the pictures before the trip, they just don't do it justice. I am truly greatful that we were able to experience this trip. Thanks again for helping us with our planning.

Re: ACB Rubicon trip

AWESOME report. How far did you make it?

Now Pics or it didnt happen
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Rags View Post
      I have to say that you guys have some beautiful county over there and even after seeing all of the pictures before the trip, they just don't do it justice.
      It is what I like to refer to as "GOD'S" Country...."Tree" gods...."Rock" gods ect...It's one of the reasons I love to go 4 Wheelin' it just does not get any better than sittin' around a camp fire, BS'n with good friends, enjoying good food and meeting other good people in the process. Keep wheelin' and I hope to get over to your area of the country someday.
      70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

We were camped in S. Lake Tahoe, On Tues. we drove over to Georgetown, then headed East stopping at Uncle Tom's cabin. The first night we stayed at Wentworth (should have gone further). Wed. we went to Loon, then backtracked to Buck Island Lake for the night. That was a 10 hour day of driving. Thurs. we left camp at 8 am and made it back to the RVs about 7:30. We should have taken another day, that is for sure. But we did alright for none of us having been there before. The water crossings were no more than 30" deep, and there was only one snow drift, but it was only about 3-4 feet and down hill for us. Other than that the trail was in great shape.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slvregl View Post
          It is what I like to refer to as "GOD'S" Country...."Tree" gods...."Rock" gods ect...It's one of the reasons I love to go 4 Wheelin' it just does not get any better than sittin' around a camp fire, BS'n with good friends, enjoying good food and meeting other good people in the process. Keep wheelin' and I hope to get over to your area of the country someday.
          I would have to agree. Look us up when you get over here, and we will show you around.

Comment

Great pics! and glad you had a great time! RV's? chit, but I understand with the trip and all
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Just to clarify, we didn't go back to the RVs every night. We used them for the nights we were not on the the trail. We ran the trail all the way through from Georgetown to Tohoma with a detour to see Loon in 3 days. That was way to far to travel in just 3 days. It was recommended we take 3 days to do the trail. In hindsite, I realize we should have ran Loon to Tahoe in 3 days. I guess I will have to do better next time.
              Attached Files

Comment

OHH hell yeah.. Broncos on Observation Point!!! You made it!!!! You hit all the good spots.. Georgetown, Uncle Toms, and the whole trail... Great run!!!! Come next year!!!
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

My favorite pics....
                  Attached Files
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

That first pic has to be Wentworth and the rock where the hand is on it is where my stock rear gas tank met it's demise....
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Great pics and story Mr Rags! Funny, but I signed on today just to see if there had been any reports from your group yet. Was thinking it had been too long since we'd heard any news.
                      Glad you made it all the way through. And yeah, that 3-day trip is a nice semi-sensible pace trip from Loon lake to the Tahoe side. But with all the extra "sight-seeing" you all did, that was one heck of a full 3 days!

Hope you get a chance to do it again, with your more experienced eye now. Should be even more fun.
                      Glad too that you all made it home safe and sound. And with only a buggered u-joint to tell the tale. Did you have a spare with you? Or did you get around it some other way?

Paul
                      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Next years "NCB Broncos on the 'Con" we need to get everyone's arse up to observation point and take a photo.
                        {o===o}
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                        Originally posted by CityHick
                        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDonk View Post
                          And with only a buggered u-joint to tell the tale. Did you have a spare with you? Or did you get around it some other way?

Paul

We had a spare. One of the attendees runs Arizona Driveline, so we had every u-joint we could want. We carried a ton of spare parts, just so we wouldn't have to use them.
                          Last edited by Mr Rags; 07-19-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                            Next years "NCB Broncos on the 'Con" we need to get everyone's arse up to observation point and take a photo.
                            That would be an awesome photo!

Comment

This picture does not do the angle I know you are at justice! I hate this section!!
                              Attached Files
                              WT 4x4
                              91' One Ton Bronco
                              1971 Bronco
                              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Working...
                              X