Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F*#kin DMV

Originally posted by 66 twins View Post
    Its been about 10 years for mine no pers.plates and not on non-op so next year I get the ole' reaming...Great..-crybaby
    Maybe not. Last year I put our family motorhome back on the road after 20 years. The regs. was not paid for at least the last 10 and it wasn't non oped. After 10 years it off dmv's records. You just need to show current insurance and have a safety check done by chp or local leo. Then just pay for new tags.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Yeah, the DMV has some bullsh#t rules. My wife took my bronco off of the insurance in the winter a few years ago to save some money and my registration went into suspension.

A couple of months later I was online and found a personalized plate on the DMV website and paid for it. When the plates came in I tried to pick them up, but they told me I couldn't because of the suspension. I then had to call my insurance and have them put the bronco back on my policy and go back to the DMV.

I then get told at the DMV that they can't help me there and that I have to fax the insurance info to Sacramento. I go home fax my insurance paperwork to the number and wait 3 days. I called 3 days later to see if the suspension was lifted and they said they never got my fax and told me to fax it again. I asked them how would I know if they would get it this time and the response was "Call back in three days."

So I finally get my suspension lifted and go back to pick up my plates that I have already paid for and I was told I couldn't have them because my registration was about to expire. WTF? It was still current!!! I was told that it was within 30 days of expiration so they couldn't give them to me. I could have paid the fees, but my smog check was due so I still wouldn't have got them.

So after a smog check and a third trip wasting several hours of my life I got my stupid fu%king plates. They treat you like you are some kind of criminal then bend you over while emptying your wallet.
      77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Originally posted by 66 twins View Post
        Its been about 10 years for mine no pers.plates and not on non-op so next year I get the ole' reaming...Great..-crybaby
        You should be O.K. The DMV computers dump the non registered vehicles after 7 years. No record, no fees! You will have to have a V.I.N. verification form completed to put it back in the system.
        77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Originally posted by fordnut77 View Post
          You should be O.K. The DMV computers dump the non registered vehicles after 7 years. No record, no fees! You will have to have a V.I.N. verification form completed to put it back in the system.
          That is not totaly true! Mine was still in the system after 10 years.
          Jack
          73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

FWIW
            Mine was out of the DMV records after 15years of no registration
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
            X