Wheel Powder Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Powder Coating

I found out you can drop your steel wheels off at any local Les Scwab and they will clean and powdercoat your wheels for $25 each. I figured that was a pretty good deal and wanted to share. I just dropped mine 15" Steel beadlock wheels off on Saturday. You have about 10 colors to choose from.

I will post pics when I get them back next week. They send them out to have them done, they dont do them in house.

Mine were building up some rust and the old coating was chipping away. For $25 it wasnt worth me trying to clean them up. It is the same price for no matter what size wheel you have including big rigs.
    72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Re: Wheel Powder Coating

I'll need to keep that in mind if I ever need it done. If the rim is good, I think that is a reasonable price. Am I wrong? Never had anything powder coated before, but I like the convinence of it! Nice find Jesse!
    Leave No One Behind
    KK6AUW

Comment

Holy crap, really?
      I just paid 75$ a wheel at a powder coating place.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Yup. I left them the rings too for the beadlocks. He said they might do them for no extra charge. I said it was worth a shot, send them off.
        72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Damn my neighbor is being charged 100 a wheel at the local powder coating place in Livermore.
          WT 4x4
          91' One Ton Bronco
          1971 Bronco
          9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
            Damn my neighbor is being charged 100 a wheel at the local powder coating place in Livermore.
            Whats the place called? Precision coatings?
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I paid about $80 per wheel about 3 years ago; good to know about the LS deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                Whats the place called? Precision coatings?
                Maas Brothers off Vasco next to Bayshore Driveline.
                WT 4x4
                91' One Ton Bronco
                1971 Bronco
                9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Here are some picks of the newly powder coated wheels. They even did the beadlock rims for free and only took them a week and a half with Thanksgiving. They look GREAT! Like I said it was only $25 per wheel. Also is a pic of the new Toyos! Now onto mounting and a cold beer!
                  Attached Files

Comment

AWESOME to know and they turned out looking great!! At that price, its not worth a day with a wire wheel and some spraypaint.

Comment

That is a great deal. I wonder if they will send other stuff out for powder... small parts, etc.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Wonder if they would clear Aluminum wheels?
                        Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Just dropped off my stock steal wheels at les schwab and they said I should have them back in a week. Because I went with a color other than white or black it ended up being 30 bucks a wheel. He said that they do the steel wheels in house up in oregon, but the alloys they have an outside vendor in bend take care of them. If I had read this post before I got home I would have checked on a price for you Cary. They had about ten different colors to choose from. Sounds like any les schwab can do tie for you.
                          I will post up pics when I get them back.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I was quoted 75.00 a wheel. so i decided against it..
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                              I was quoted 75.00 a wheel. so i decided against it..
                              Wow, that's quite a difference. Was that for alloys?
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X