Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wheel Powder Coating

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
    Wow, that's quite a difference. Was that for alloys?
    yes at folsom les schwab
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I called the Les Schwab on greenback in Citrus Heights and they said that they use a local guy that didn't have the ability to sand blast in house. He said he could coat them for around $25-30 but that was after somebody else blasted them for about the same price, making it closer to $50 each wheel. The quote I got from Orangevale powder coating was $50 per wheel if it's a base color. $75 per wheel if they powder coated them in reflective chrome. I was thinking about doing my H1 wheels that color.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
        I called the Les Schwab on greenback in Citrus Heights and they said that they use a local guy that didn't have the ability to sand blast in house. He said he could coat them for around $25-30 but that was after somebody else blasted them for about the same price, making it closer to $50 each wheel. The quote I got from Orangevale powder coating was $50 per wheel if it's a base color. $75 per wheel if they powder coated them in reflective chrome. I was thinking about doing my H1 wheels that color.
        I was at the les schwab on auburn between cirby and antelope. I would check with them. 8124 auburn blvd citrus heights.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

My brother recently bought a CJ2A and wanted to get the wheels painted. I mentioned this thread so he called up the Les Schwab in San Carlos and got quoted $25.20/wheel plus tax for gloss black. 10 colors available. He just missed the truck so it'll take a couple weeks. First guy he talked to didn't know anything about it. Manager straightened him out.

Comment

I need to find the nearest place to me, have a set of stock wheels I want done. That's a great deal for 25-30$. Interesting the discrepancies between locations.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
              I need to find the nearest place to me, have a set of stock wheels I want done. That's a great deal for 25-30$. Interesting the discrepancies between locations.
              Looks like 180 miles to the nearest les schwab for you.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Might have a set taken up to OR by the inlaws next month for me and dropped off. I'll check with the one by our rental house up there, only a mile from it.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

My stockers (five) should be ready any day
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X