Playing around in Solid Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing around in Solid Works

Since I am helping Jesse (jchevyx4j) link his Bronco like I did mine I figured I would spend a little time in Solid Works trying to lay out all the crossmember pieces. Well, about 3 hours total of work (I had previously only done 2D tabs) and I finally got it!

Im thinking now, since I have some good connections with fab shops, laser, plazma, etc I should start desinging things EB related and help offset some of the expence of my hobbies. Of course, IF I do I would be able to kick down some cash to Delta too for Nor-Cal site but thats a ways off.

If I do, I would love to hear what you guys are looking for and design something that works for the majority of EB's. For instance, I personally cannot stand the old ballistic coil mounts, I think they look too universal. Something "fine tuned" to the EB coil guys that looks good would be my motivation.

Anyway, here is a pic of the assembly
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SonicDonkey; 11-25-2011, 07:08 PM.
    1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Re: Playing around in Solid Works

Nice, and I say go for it!
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

That looks great!! How about a rear axle truss?

Comment

Looks Good! That will save a lot of bronco guys quite a bit of frustration!!! If you build it.... It will sell! You can help get some more of these guys linked out and make a little money to put towards your stroker build at the same time!
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Is this modeled after your set-up?? What are your #'s in the 4-link calculator???
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            That looks great!! How about a rear axle truss?
            I have one in the works but didnt like how it first came out as a fabed part, needs revision. There are only so many ways to skin a cat, and I REALLY like Poly P's rear truss, I want to do something similar but not a complete knock off.

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
            Is this modeled after your set-up?? What are your #'s in the 4-link calculator???
            Yes,(edit) well kind of... just remembered the difference when looking at this picture. Mine only has one upper mount location and its about 2" rearward on a seperate mount, about equal horizontal to the middle hole in this modle. I will look on my other computer to see what the #'s were/are.

I know I did a bit of playing around on the calculator, had it WAY off when I tried to mock it up before using the calculator. Found a happy medium that worked for me and how I was going to lay things out. IIRC, it has about 1-1.5degree roll steer and 110% antisquat. Seat of the pants I would say its more like 100% AS, no squat or jack durring acceleration, burnouts, climbing, etc. and the roll steer feels no different that I remembered leaf springs felt on the road.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SonicDonkey; 11-26-2011, 08:57 AM.
            1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Im pretty excited! Cant Wait! If anyone is interested in coming and checking it out once I get started on it let me know. Im sure Justin will have a ton of pictures and I will take some as well to post on here.
              72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Working...
              X