Don't you hate it when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you hate it when...

You buy something from a company that deals with one specific type of vehicle, and they still can't get it right?

I installed some shock hoops yesterday. Lined up the coil tower brace with the spring retainer which put the shock directly into the rear of the tower. Had to move it back almost 1 1/2" to clear and redrilled to mount to the tower. Still puts the shock bushings in a bind going into the upper mounts.
    It works, but it just looks redneck, even for my standards.
    I've installed plenty of hoops on other Broncos and have never had them this far off.

I have a bad habit of buying a bunch of parts and letting them sit on the shelf for a lack of time. These were one of the first sets out of this style and I've had them for well over 10 years, so there's nothing that could be done anyways.

Jason
    '69 Sport, geared, locked and injected, blah, blah, blah...

Re: Don't you hate it when...

Yes.

I bought one of those portable fire rings Friday from Ace Hardware. The friendly folks inside even carried the box out to the truck. I pulled the box out today so I could load firewood. I set it down in the garage and went "Hey, this isn't what I paid for" I called up, got deflected 2 times, the 3rd person I asked for his name. Said this is what I paid for and this is what you gave me... Ok come on back and we will exchange it... Drove back, parked in front like I owned the building and they came out and took the box.
    Then they gave me the assembled display model and said sorry for having you make two Trips! That's is how Customer service should be....
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-05-2012, 07:02 PM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Time for some smores
      69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by RCrawler View Post
        You buy something from a company that deals with one specific type of vehicle, and they still can't get it right?
        Hope that isn't one of our products you're having trouble with Jason.
        I know ours changed several years ago, so was wondering.
        And yes, I think we all have had parts that have sat for "extended periods of time" before they get used. Heck, I've got stuff in my garage where the manufacturers no longer even exist!

If it is one of ours though, have you given anyone here a call just in case? Don't know if you did and someone has already said it's been too long so tough luck, but if not, let me see if there's something I can do.

In the meantime, if it's one of ours, The newer "Extreme" hoops obviously have the brace fairly centered on the spring tower, but the the "Classic" style hoops are supposed to have the tab forward-of-center of the spring tower.
        If it was one of ours, and the tab needed to be moved rearward, could they be on the wrong side?
        Just checking'

You never know, even after ten years there might be options.
        Then again, there's always the smores option. I'm in on that!

Paul
        Last edited by DirtDonk; 02-06-2012, 02:36 PM.
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

dont you just hate it when your trying to sell a vehicle and the first words from the callers mouth are "do you speaka de spanish?".....FAWK!!!!!
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Paul,
            Thanks for the reply. They weren't bought from you guys, so no worries.

I think it just came down to not double checking their first production run to make sure that they were right. And its on me for not doing something with them sooner and catching the mistake. I made them work for now, but when I install the extended radius arms, I'll have to modify them to fit better.

Jason
            '69 Sport, geared, locked and injected, blah, blah, blah...

Comment

Working...
            X